(Senior) Scientist Bioinformatics (m/f/d)
Ihre Aufgaben und Verantwortlichkeiten
The Biomedical Data Science Group within the recently established Digital Technologies department is seeking several passionate and creative scientists (m/f/d) (bioinformaticians, computational biologists or equivalent education) with varying degree of experience to join our team in Berlin and help discover the next wave of oncology and gynecological therapies. In this role role you will:
- Advance drug discovery projects by means of state-of-the-art bioinformatics to help improve the quality of life of our patients
- Identify novel drug targets, novel biomarkers and the right patient population for our advanced drugs
- Drive agile method development (DevOps) and data generation for above purposes and help shape a FAIR and modern data landscape that enables our large R&D community
- Be part of international & interdisciplinary research teams closely interacting with your colleagues from the entire R&D organization and interact closely with our dedicated DevOps team in R&D-IT.
- Very strong analytical thinking and scientific rigor with a clear favor for systematic approaches
- Engage in or help establish international collaborations with renowned research institutions or commercial entities worldwide
- Strengthen visibility of our research and scientific excellence through publishing and actively engaging with the scientific community
- Lead junior staff and act as project leader (m/f/d) for drug discovery
Was Sie mitbringen
- PhD in bioinformatics (or equivalent research activity) and a strong background (master) in biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, physics or related life science disciplines
- Several years of experience in bioinformatics or computational biology, preferably in an industrial setting and in a relevant indication space (oncology, gynecology, …)
- Profound experience in a broad spectrum of computational biology/bioinformatics methods applied in drug discovery, incl. proficiency in R, python, high performance computing / cloud computing. Ability to work with large and complex data.
- Capability to manage a very high degree of complexity as well as to present complex issues clearly and convincingly to project teams and decision bodies
- High degree of self-motivation and autonomy with interest in life-long learning and to grow your soft and leadership skills
- Track record of publications and presentations showing your result-orientation and passion to innovate
- Excellent team spirit & presentation skills along with the ability to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team environment with strong focus and ambition
- English is working language in this highly international team.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.