- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
Internship at Inhouse Consulting
Business Consulting, the Bayer Group’s internal management consultancy at Bayer Business Services, is one of the leading inhouse consulting organizations with offices in Leverkusen, Berlin, Pittsburgh, Morristown (New Jersey), Beijing, Shanghai and São Paulo. A dedicated global team of 150 highly qualified consultants help the holding company Bayer AG and its subgroups and service companies realize sustainable value for the Bayer Group. Business Consulting offers a broad spectrum of specialist expertise covering strategic, organizational and performance-related issues. It develops tailor-made solutions and facilitates their implementation. In short, Business Consulting is the global competence center for management consulting in the Bayer Group. More information can be found in the Business Consulting Profile in the “Functional Areas” section.
Work for Business Consulting
Bayer Business Consulting is involved in a wide range of projects in the Bayer Group and develops strategies and solutions for almost all organizational units. It is a fascinating and challenging area of work, as described by the staff of various offices in the film.
In the meantime the people interviewed in this video have been developed in new functions. Peter Barschdorff is now heading Business Intelligence Development & Innovation at Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, USA. Jim Kennelly became head of Business Planning and Administration at Bayer CropScience in Australia. Kenneth Chen heads the team Strategic Planning & OTC Marketing at Bayer HealthCare Diabetes Care in China. Elia Cameron rotated into Sales Business Systems at Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals in USA and Vandana Bahri became head of Business Consulting North America.
As an intern at Business Consulting, you will have the chance to spend at least three months working closely alongside the staff of the internal management consulting team. You will be given a broad insight into the everyday consulting activities while having the opportunity to provide input and bring your own personality to bear. As an integral part of the team, interns support one or more consulting projects. You will perform research, conduct analyses, draw up summaries of results, prepare workshops, hold interviews and gradually take on responsibility for your own sub-tasks.
As an intern at Business Consulting you will receive regular feedback from your project manager to foster your professional and personal development. This gives you the opportunity to find out whether you’d like to work for us in the future. If so, the internship will provide you with the perfect opportunity to make a lasting impression and demonstrate why you should be hired directly as an employee at a later date.
- You are currently studying for a degree in economics, engineering or science
- Outstanding academic record
- Initial experience of working/studying abroad, e.g. through internships, semesters abroad, etc.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Professional appearance and approach, the ability to grasp concepts quickly and an enthusiastic outlook
- Very good knowledge of English
- Time to spend at least three months on an internship
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humor
Business Consulting is always looking for interns who want to find out more about the practical aspects of working as part of an inhouse management consulting team. We would be happy to receive your online application for the following positions: Internship in the Inhouse Consulting unit
If you have any questions about joining Business Consulting and the careers we offer, please take a look at our List of FAQs.
Information / Contact
You have any questions?
We'll be happy to help!
Just give us a call at
tel.: +49 214 30 99779
or send us a message
via the contact form.