- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- International Future Leadership Program for Production - Engineers, Pharmacists, Natural Scientists
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program Phyto Sourcing
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Brand Management Consumer Health
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
CEMS – Preparing for international management tasks
What demands does a multicultural and globally interlinked business world place on its employees? And what skills must managers who work internationally possess in order to be successful? The CEMS study program intensively prepares students for their management tasks in a practice-oriented way.
Alliance between universities and industry
CEMS was established back in 1988. At the time, four leading European universities – ESADE Business School in Barcelona, HEC Paris, Bocconi University in Milan and the University of Cologne – came together to create the standardized European study program Master in International Management (MIM). Today, CEMS is a global alliance of 30 leading business schools and universities, as well as 80 multinational companies and NGOs. Only one university in each country can become a CEMS partner. The abbreviation CEMS stands for the formerly name of Community of European Management Schools and International Companies.
Master of International Management (MIM)
Some 1,200 students from 65 countries are currently participating in the MIM program parallel to their own master’s studies. The CEMS MIM focuses particularly on establishing and expanding management skills through seminars, on hands-on business projects and on a strong international alignment. The classes are taught in English only, and a stay in a foreign country is obligatory. Students must undergo an application process to participate in the CEMS program.
What is Bayer’s role in CEMS?
As a corporate partner to CEMS, Bayer works together closely with the students. Through various activities such as excursions, seminars or business projects, we give them a realistic insight into our working world. We have partnered with the German CEMS university in Cologne on other projects for many years already.
CEMS as partner
CEMS is dedicated to the training of future managers and emphasizes values that we also live in our daily work at Bayer: striving for excellence with high ethical principles, promoting cultural diversity, and a high level of awareness for social responsibility. We therefore offer interesting opportunities to students who represent the CEMS values.
Would you like to learn more about the CEMS master’s program? In our video, Vanessa – a former CEMS student who now works for Bayer – gives personal insight into the study program and reports on how it influenced her career at Bayer.
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply. Therefore we have two Login-possibilities: