- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- International Future Leadership Program for Production - Engineers, Pharmacists, Natural Scientists
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program Phyto Sourcing
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Brand Management Consumer Health
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
Working as a lawyer in a global enterprise
At Bayer, you will be part of a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. As an innovation company, we also set standards in research. Bayer is an international science-based company that is passionate about innovations that improve the way people live in our world. As a lawyer, you will be responsible for upholding and defending Bayer's rights and ensuring we act lawfully as a company and a corporate citizen.
What we offer
Our products and services are designed to develop solutions that benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, we want to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power.
As an experienced lawyer, you will be given responsibility for a specific area in our legal departments. During your career, you will have opportunities to work in many different fields within the Bayer Group. For example, you could broaden your experience through job rotation, deepen your knowledge as an expert or qualify for one of the managerial positions which are open to lawyers. Key information on joining Bayer and a career with us as a lawyer is summarized in our brief career profile.
Legal specialization at Bayer
At Bayer, lawyers work on a wide variety of different legal areas:
- Company and capital market law
- Mergers & acquisitions and cooperations
- Contract and commercial law, competition and antitrust law
- Labor law, social law
- Protection of commercial property, trademark law
- Environmental and technology law, business administration law
- Pharmaceutical law
What you offer
Alongside your professional qualifications, we are interested in your personal skillset. Team spirit, initiative, good communication skills and a flair for negotiating are important. You also need to be flexible and mobile, with a sense of responsibility and an interest in finding solutions. Fluent English is a must and the ability to speak another language would be an advantage. You will fit in particularly well with Bayer if you share our passion to innovate and want your ideas and solutions to bring about change.
You can find details of current vacancies on our job search page. Please search using both German and English terms as some vacancies are only advertised in one of these languages. Click here for details of all vacancies in the areas of law, patents and compliance for students, graduates and experienced lawyers:
“Towards a global in-house law firm”
Dr. Gabriel Harnier has been working at Bayer for 11 years. Today he serves as head of Law, Patents & Compliance. On our Bayer Career Blog, he reports on entry and development possibilities for lawyers. He also gives some personal insights into his own career.
A fascinating working enviroment for lawyers
Antje Völker has worked as a lawyer at Bayer for the past 15 years. She enjoys the broad scope of her daily work, which includes working in interdisciplinary teams and an exciting, international environment. You can read more about what Antje particularly likes about her job in her contribution to the Bayer Career Blog.
Insights by a lawyer
Edda Dolzer has been working as an in-house lawyer at Bayer in Leverkusen since 2011. In her contribution to the Bayer Career Blog she outlines what the litigation department does and gives an insight into her daily work and what she particularly likes about working for Bayer.
Further career opportunities
Bayer is an employer of choice for law students and newly qualified lawyers. You can get to know us while you are a student by doing a work experience placement with us. We frequently offer openings for newly qualified lawyers at the start of their career.
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply. Therefore we have two Login-possibilities: