- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program Phyto Sourcing
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Brand Management Consumer Health
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
(Senior) Project Manager at Business Consulting
Business Consulting, the Bayer Group’s internal management consultancy at Bayer Business Services, is one of the leading inhouse consulting organizations with offices in Leverkusen, Berlin, Pittsburgh, Morristown (New Jersey), Beijing, Shanghai and São Paulo. A dedicated global team of 150 highly qualified consultants help the holding company Bayer AG and its subgroups and service companies realize sustainable value for the Bayer Group. Business Consulting offers a broad spectrum of specialist expertise covering strategic, organizational and performance-related issues. It develops tailor-made solutions and facilitates their implementation. In short, Business Consulting is the global competence center for management consulting in the Bayer Group. More information can be found in the Business Consulting Profile in the “Functional Areas” section.
Work for Business Consulting
Bayer Business Consulting is involved in a wide range of projects in the Bayer Group and develops strategies and solutions for almost all organizational units. It is a fascinating and challenging area of work, as described by the staff of various offices in the film.
In the meantime the people interviewed in this video have been developed in new functions. Peter Barschdorff is now heading Business Intelligence Development & Innovation at Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, USA. Jim Kennelly became head of Business Planning and Administration at Bayer CropScience in Australia. Kenneth Chen heads the team Strategic Planning & OTC Marketing at Bayer HealthCare Diabetes Care in China. Elia Cameron rotated into Sales Business Systems at Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals in USA and Vandana Bahri became head of Business Consulting North America.
With several years of professional and managerial experience in management consultancy or industry, you will join our team as a (senior) project manager and take on full project and management responsibility. You will also play an active role in driving forward customer and project development, thus making an important contribution to the development and success of Business Consulting.
Developing management talent is among the most important tasks of Bayer Business Consulting. Systematic training and preparation mean that after a few years as a consultant you will be equipped for a management career in the Bayer Group.
We devise a structured program to foster your professional and personal development:
- Customized training program with seminars and internal training (an average of 10 days a year)
- Coaching and on-the-job training
- Systematic and detailed feedback to ensure targeted development
- Excellent university degree in economics, engineering, science, psychology or medicine, preferably with a further qualification such as an MBA or Ph.D.
- Several years of professional experience, ideally in external or inhouse management consultancy or in a strategic position at an industrial company
- Proven specialist expertise in an area of relevance to the Bayer Group
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills and project management ability
- Strong team spirit and good leadership and communication skills
- Willingness to work on international assignments
- Very good knowledge of English
- Enthusiasm and a sense of humor
Opportunities at Bayer Business Consulting
Business Consulting is regularly on the lookout for new recruits to join its team as a project manager or senior project manager. If interested, please apply online for one of our advertised vacancies for applicants with professional experience. All the employment and career opportunities with Business Consulting can be found in the job search under inhouse consulting / strategic consulting. We look forward to receiving your application.
People at Business Consulting:Marc Vathauer is Principal and Head of Supply Chain Management at Business Consulting. In part one of the interview, Vathauer explains how he, as a chemist, built up expertise in supply chain management and why he has returned to Bayer after several years in external consulting. In part two of the interview, Vathauer describes the challenges in supply chain management at Bayer. And in the final part, he talks about the importance of striking a successful work-life balance and the role this plays in the work of inhouse consultants at Bayer.
From medicine to consulting…
How do you make the transition from an assistant physician for neuropathology to a business consultant at Bayer – and why? Today Vincent Ruland deals with how to identify the research projects that provide the greatest benefit for patients, among other matters. In his contribution to the Bayer Career Blog, he explains what motivated him to join the life science industry.
Consultants work on projects with their colleagues in collaboration with the customer's core team. Your core competence is your knowledge of methodology, while the customers contributes specialist knowledge of their field. Project progress and the next steps are discussed with the customer at steering committee meetings, which are held every four to six weeks.
On average, 2-3 consultants work on a project. However, sometimes several small teams are deployed on large projects. In this case, each team will be allocated specific workstreams.
BC places great importance on continuous employee development and therefore offers a wide range of internal and external training opportunities. You will develop your own individual training plan together with your supervisor, based on your abilities and advancement potential. Depending on your experience and interests, you will probably spend about 10 days a year on training.