- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- International Future Leadership Program for Production - Engineers, Pharmacists, Natural Scientists
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program Phyto Sourcing
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Brand Management Consumer Health
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
The backbone of Bayer - Be part of it
The planning, construction and operation of complex production facilities is your world. You are highly qualified and have already successfully managed a number of projects. Bayer hires people with all types of engineering training to take on exciting challenges in the interdisciplinary teams of a global enterprise.
Bayer offers professionals with several years’ work experience a wide range of activities and development opportunities in areas such as technical development, engineering or technical plant management. The main task of engineers at Bayer is the construction and maintenance of safe technical facilities for efficient and environmentally friendly chemical processes. Other highly interesting assignments await you in the areas of workshops, communications engineering, marketing, sales or administration.
For positions in these areas we need engineers from many disciplines with a variety of qualifications and specialisms. Applicants should have a good degree, a high level of specialist knowledge and display great dedication. We also expect them to have a strong sense of responsibility, creativity, collegiality and problem-solving ability, along with flexibility, mobility and the ability to work independently. Good language skills are essential to facilitate international assignments.
Newly hired engineers at Bayer generally perform on-the-job assignments with defined responsibilities. International job rotation may take place later on.
The most relevant information about entry and career opportunities for engineers are available in the career onepager.
- Mechanical engineering
- Process engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Construction engineering
- Power and utilities engineering
- Physical engineering
- Business engineering
- Plastics engineering
- Bioprocess engineering
- Automation and materials engineering
- University degree (master, bachelor)
- Better-than-average grades
- Faster-than-average completion of studies
- More than three years’ professional experience
- Holistic approach to problem-solving
- Teamworking ability
- Customer orientation
- Study/work experience abroad
- Language knowledge
- Sense of responsibility
Ample professional mobility for engineers
Thorsten Poetter has been working at Bayer for the last 26 years and is responsible for the Manufacturing Intelligence & Execution Systems department in the Engineering & Technology unit. On our Career Blog, Thorsten Poetter describes his day-to-day work and tells us what makes Bayer such an interesting company for young engineers.
Starting off my career as a bioengineer at Bayer
Sebastian works as a process engineer in Plant Engineering at Bayer in Wuppertal Elberfeld. After graduating from college with a degree in bioengineering, he first worked as a research assistant and doctoral student at Dortmund University of Technology. In 2014 he joined Bayer. For more information visit the Bayer Career Blog.
In a nutshell: What does a mechanical engineer do at Bayer?
Beatrice has a mechanical engineering degree and works since 2015 as Operational Excellence Consultant & Project Manager at Bayer. She drives the continuous improvement of processes at Bayer according to the principles of Lean/Six Sigma. Read in her contribution to the Bayer Career Blog, which challenges she’s looking for in her working life .
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply. Therefore we have two Login-possibilities: