- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
The Knapsack Chempark is in Hürth, a town of 60,000 in Rhein-Erft county. Hürth was formed in 1930 by the merger of twelve different villages and awarded with municipal rights in the year 1978. Hürth borders Cologne in the east and the Rhineland Nature Park in the west.
The Knapsack site at a glance:
|Divisions & service companies||
Frequently asked questions about the Knapsack site
At the Knapsack Chempark in Hürth, some 220 employees of the Crop Science Division are engaged in producing crop protection agents as well as precursors and intermediates for further processing at other sites. In addition to active ingredients for controlling fungal infections and weeds, products include “safeners,” which improve the tolerance of crop plants to crop protection agents. The site houses four production plants and a logistics and shipping facility.
Because the individual neighborhoods existed long before the town of Hürth was founded, it does boast several historical points of interest. The most significant is Burg Kendenich in the neighborhood of the same name. This baroque, moated castle was built in 1667 and completely restored in the 1980s. However, the construction of apartments in the main building and wings did away with all of the historic interiors.
Visitors can travel back in time on a visit to the neighboring town of Brühl, where Augustusburg and Falkenlust palaces bear witness to past and more recent German history. Both were listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 1984 as examples of uniquely preserved Rococo architecture in Germany.
- Augustusburg Palace
Until it was completed in 1768, distinguished artists worked together to complete Augustusburg and its park grounds. Augustusburg Palace is one of Germany’s most significant works of architecture from the Rococo period. During the Bonn Republic after 1949, the castle was used for ceremonial purposes by the president and the federal government.
- Falkenlust Hunting Lodge A short walk across the grounds of Augustusburg Palace and an adjacent patch of forest brings you to Falkenlust Hunting Lodge. In the 18th century, Falkenlust was the preferred hunting lodge of Clemens August, the prince-elector and archbishop of Cologne. This valuable representative of the Rococo period was built between 1729 and 1737. The State of North Rhine-Westphalia acquired the lodge from a private owner in 1974 and opened it to the public as a museum.
If you want access to as many shops as possible in one spot, take a drive to Hürth Park. The mall has numerous stores, a number of restaurants with different cuisines and a large movie theater complex. If you would rather shop in the big city, you can take the No. 18 tram directly to downtown Cologne. While there, you can also visit Cologne Cathedral or the Rhine, or visit a few pubs in one of Colognes famous “Veedel” or quarters.
- Otto Maigler Lake
This lake in Hürth is a popular swimming spot for the entire region. The fine white sand and busy beach club create a vacation atmosphere close to home.
- Bleibtreu Lake
Neighboring Brühl has Bleibtreu Lake, with its own waterskiing and wakeboarding facility. The German Wakeboarding Championships were held here in 2015. Deep-water diving is also permitted in Bleibtreu Lake. A permit can be obtained from the local diving club: Verein Ville Taucher Brühl-Heide e.V.
- Schwindelfrei” outdoor ropes course in Brühl
Outdoor lovers can also experience a touch of adventure in neighboring Brühl at the Schwindelfrei ropes course. At the ropes course, you can climb to dizzying heights, try the GPS tours or hold company or private events.
- “Phantasialand” Fun Park
One of the biggest highlights is also located in Brühl: Phantasialand Fun Park. Built in 1967, it is one of the largest and most popular theme parks in Europe. Numerous attractions and shows provide plenty of action and fun for the entire family and help visitors to leave work and routine behind them for a day.
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply. Therefore we have two Login-possibilities: