- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program Phyto Sourcing
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Brand Management Consumer Health
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
Kiel is the state capital of Schleswig-Holstein and, with 240,000 residents, Germany’s northernmost major city. Situated on the shores of the Baltic Sea, Kiel is the end of the line for the world’s most heavily travelled, man-made waterway: the Kiel Canal.
The Kiel site at a glance:
|Divisions & service companies||
Frequently asked questions about the Kiel site
At the Animal Health Supply Center in Kiel, 600 employees work in production and logistics. About 50 percent of all animal health products sold by Bayer worldwide and shipped to over 70 countries are produced in Kiel. The company's core competencies include the production of solid and semisolid dosage forms, liquids and parenterals, as well as packaging.
The canal ends at Kiel-Holtenau and is therefore referred to in international maritime navigation as the Kiel Canal. The canal, just under 100 kilometers long, is the most-traveled, man-made waterway in the world. Built originally for military purposes, it is mainly used today for cargo shipping between the Baltic Sea countries and the rest of the world.
The city is directly on the Kiel Fjord. In contrast to the Kiel Canal, this area is a natural landscape. The 17-kilometer-long fjord on the Baltic Sea was formed during the last Ice Age by glacial movement. The landscape around the fjord has numerous destinations for day-outings and adventures.
Hands down: Kiel Week ! This sailing regatta has been held regularly in Kiel since the late 19th century. It is considered the largest sailing event in the world. Over the years, it has been transformed into a public festival and, with three million visitors a year, it is also one of the biggest summer festivals in Northern Europe. There is something for everyone thanks to the over 2,000 entertainment, cultural, science, political, business and athletic events. Kiel Week is held every year during the last full week of June.
“Kieler Sprotten” is a northern German fish specialty, made from the European sprat, a herring-like species of fish. The fish is smoked and packaged in flat wooden boxes for retailers and end consumers. Because the fish have very soft, thin bones, they can be consumed whole. “Real Kiel sprat” must originate from greater Kiel Bay. Incidentally, Kiel natives also are named after these smoked fish.
Bayer has launched a new recruiting system that makes it faster and easier for you to apply. Therefore we have two Login-possibilities: