- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
Law and Patents
A global enterprise like Bayer operates in a complex network of national and international regulations. Employees in our Law, Patents and Compliance (LPC) Community are the specialists for all legal issues that arise in the day-to-day work of a global corporation. They also look after our intellectual property: patents, trademarks and commercial rights.
Tasks and specialization
The main area in which our Law, Patents & Compliance function works are:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Law /Global Governance
- Company and Capital Market Law
- Corporate Compliance
- IP Management (Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH)
The LPC Community, which links legal and patent experts throughout the Group, is kept informed of all major steps.
Bayer is an employer of choice for law students and qualified lawyers. You can get to know us while you are a student by doing a work experience placement with us. We frequently offer openings for graduate lawyers at the start of their career. And for those with professional experience, Bayer is a fascinating partner for the next step in their career. You can find more information about joining Bayer here:
What we offer
As an international science-based company, we are passionate about innovations that improve the way people live in our world. Bayer offers an open and inspiring environment. We will encourage you to question the status quo and think ahead. It takes imagination, ambition and courage to find answers to society's most pressing questions. That is confirmed by the Azur-Associate ranking, where Bayer is singled out as one of the most popular industrial employers for lawyers.
What you probably didn't know about patents
Why do patents expire after a certain time and why are some products still protected by patents in one country and not in another? Do patents hinder scientific progress or do they in fact enable researchers to gain experience of new discoveries and learn from them years before they come onto the market? Watch our new video to find out more.
A fascinating working enviroment for lawyers
Antje Völker has worked as a lawyer at Bayer for the past 15 years. She enjoys the broad scope of her daily work, which includes working in interdisciplinary teams and an exciting, international environment. You can read more about what Antje particularly likes about her job in her contribution to the Bayer Career Blog.
Insights by a lawyer
Edda Dolzer has been working as an in-house lawyer at Bayer in Leverkusen since 2011. In her contribution to the Bayer Career Blog she outlines what the litigation department does and gives an insight into her daily work and what she particularly likes about working for Bayer.
Information / Contact
You have any questions?
We'll be happy to help!
Just give us a call at
tel.: +49 214 30 99779
or send us a message
via the contact form.