- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
Workshop 'IT For Life Science @ Bayer'
Do you want to improve people`s lives? Here is your chance!
Our workshop “IT For Life Science @ Bayer” is addressed to doctorate or postdoctoral scientists from various scientific disciplines with high affinity to information technology. IT-Experts with very strong background in natural sciences as well as computer scientists with a proven expertise in IT project management are highly welcome to apply. This workshop is also very interesting for graduates in the field of Medical Informatics or Medical Documentation.
This workshop is your opportunity to discuss Bayer`s recent developments and projects, to present your individual scientific results and to explore specific job opportunities within Bayer’s R&D IT organization in Germany (Leverkusen, Berlin, Wuppertal or Monheim).
Currently as well as in the near future, we are looking for scientists who want to make an impact, who are passionate about innovation and who are keen to think ahead.
If you would like meet challenges such as the following, you are highly welcome to apply for our workshop:
- Independently advising our R&D departments on IT-supported process optimization
- Heading and working in IT projects
- Selecting and implementing innovative IT solutions and strategies
- Assuming leadership of IT-teams with internal and external employees
- Designing and further developing the IT landscape in research and development
- Designing and analyzing system architectures in collaboration with other IT experts in the unit
- Planning and implementation of the IT requirements in projects
- Steering of internal and external software developers and/or partner companies
The workshop will consist of Poster Sessions where you will have the possibility to give an overview about your professional background or whatever you would like to present and discuss.
There will also be case studies where you will have the chance to practice how it will be like to work in R&D-IT projects at Bayer. Bayer colleagues will give you insights into the working life of IT Consultants & IT Project managers on the one hand and of IT-Architects within the R&D IT at Bayer on the other hand.
Besides working sessions and presentations you will have enough time for networking and get-together, especially during the evening event. Ample time will be available for personal contacts with representatives from Bayer.
You are well experienced, enthusiastic and deeply committed to information technology in life sciences.
You have a doctorate in natural sciences or IT with a reference to the natural sciences and a noted record of scientific achievements.
Besides your scientific excellence you already gained Project management experience and have a clear focus on meeting targets and achieving results.
You have an extensive knowledge of modern IT architectures and concepts as well as software development processes combined with very good analytical and conceptual skills.
You are able to successfully lead and work in intercultural and interdisciplinary teams.
Excellent communication skills in English as well as a good knowledge of the German language are highly welcome, owing to the international setup of our research and development functions.
Day by day you enjoy learning new science and want to improve the quality of life, along with our mission: “Bayer: Science For A Better Life”.
This video will show impressions from our Computational Biology Workshop in Leverkusen 2013, with a similar setting
If you are interested please submit your application (including Cover letter/letter of motivation, CV, certificates (e.g. Bachelor, Master, PHD)) online by October 15th, 2017. We will cover all travel and accommodation costs for accepted participants.
We are looking forward to receiving your application - directly via the online application form.
Information / Contact
In case of further questions, please send us an email.