- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Program for Procurement Management
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
March 23rd – 25th, 2017
Cardiovascular Research @ Bayer
You are a young scientist in cardiovascular research and you want to improve people`s lives? Then our scientific workshop “Cardiovascular Research @ Bayer” is a great chance for you to connect with Bayer!
This workshop is an excellent occasion to discuss Bayer`s developments and projects in cardiovascular research, to present your individual scientific results and to explore job opportunities within Bayer’s R&D organization in Wuppertal-Aprath (Germany).
Bayer’s activities in this exciting field are reflected by an equally broad spectrum of opportunities for natural scientists (Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics), as well as pharmacists and physicians, covering aspects as diverse as:
- Being part of a team that identifies and characterizes novel treatment options for patients with cardiovascular diseases (including the indications heart failure, arrhythmia, thrombosis, inflammatory and fibrotic lung diseases, acute organ dysfunction, and kidney diseases)
- Working in research laboratories and planning, executing and evaluating preclinical pharmacology studies in the field of cardiovascular diseases research
- Participating in interdisciplinary teams and projects from target identification, target validation to optimization of substances and preclinical studies
Currently as well as in the near future, we are looking for scientists who are keen to make an impact and who have the passion to innovate.
The event takes place in the “Waldhotel Heiligenhaus”, close to Bayer’s research site in Wuppertal which is in the middle of the Rhine-Ruhr region as one of the largest metropolitan region in Germany with over 11 million inhabitants, located between Cologne and Düsseldorf.
The workshop will consist, on the one hand, of Poster Sessions where every participant will have the chance to show his or her current scientific research or project. On the other hand there will be Case Studies for the participants in order to discuss relevant scientific questions from Bayer’s business.
There will also be several talks about cardiovascular research as well as a talk about the experiences during the first year in job at Bayer. A visit in Bayer’s research site in Wuppertal will complete the schedule.
Besides the working sessions there will be enough time for networking, get-together and for personal discussions with managers and experts from Bayer.
You are enthusiastic and deeply committed to one or more fields within cardiovascular diseases research including the indications heart failure, arrhythmia, thrombosis, inflammatory and fibrotic lung diseases, acute organ dysfunction, and kidney diseases.
You have a respective PhD and a noted record of scientific achievements.
Besides your scientific excellence, you are preferably highly skilled in the field of experimental cardiovascular diseases with a solid background in planning, execution and evaluation of pharmacology for the study of cardiovascular diseases.
You enjoy working in genuinely interdisciplinary teams and are able to connect your cardiovascular research with genetic and biological hypotheses, tangible experiments, and project decisions. Day by day you enjoy learning new science and want to improve the quality of life, along with our mission: “Bayer: Science For A Better Life”.
Excellent communication skills in English as well as a good knowledge of the German language are highly welcome, owing to the international setup of our research and development functions.
This video will show impressions of the Workshop “Cardiovascular Research @ Bayer” in April 2015.
If you are interested please submit your application (including cover letter/letter of motivation, CV, certificates (e.g. Bachelor, Master, PHD) online by January 15th, 2017. We will cover all travel and accommodation costs for accepted participants.
We are looking forward to receiving your application - directly via the online application form.
Information / Contact
In case of further questions, please send us an email.