International Procurement Management Trainee Program
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of health care and agriculture. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, we want to create value through innovation, growth and enhanced earning power.
Our International Procurement Management Trainee Program will give you a broad overview of the role and tasks of our procurement function. It is designed to prepare you for a management position within Procurement at Bayer. Our global procurement experts play a key role in bringing innovative sourcing solutions to life and are vital to ensuring a smart and efficient supply chain. They work constructively with various stakeholders in all business areas at Bayer and with suppliers in a competitive international environment. Along the entire supply chain, they ensure compliance with sustainability standards. That is why we are constantly on the lookout for fresh talent to join the International Procurement Management Trainee Program.
If this sounds like you, we’d be very interested in hearing from you.
- Master’s degree/PhD in Business Administration, Engineering or Natural Sciences with excellent grades
- Practical work experience in procurement or related areas
- Initial international experience, e.g. internships or studies abroad
- Passion to innovate and the desire to contribute your ideas to bring about change
- Passion for procurement and the ability to challenge the status quo
- Ability to build partnerships, work collaboratively across cultures and meet shared objectives
- Business mindset and leadership aspirations
- Awareness of opportunities that digital solutions can open up
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Willingness to travel internationally
Duration, start date and content of the program
- The 18-month program provides in-depth insights into various areas of Procurement at Bayer and one of our cross-functional teams
- Program stations in different Procurement areas, e.g. Category Management, Strategic Sourcing or Supplier Management
- Participation in operational activities and functional excellence initiatives
- International short-term-assignment at one of the procurement sites around the world
- Each program phase lasts 2 or 3 months and incorporates defined tasks and responsibilities
- Mentoring from an experienced Bayer manager
- Flexible start date in summer or fall
How can I develop and fulfil my career perspectives at Bayer?
Together with your mentor and the respective HR Business Partner, you will identify individual career perspectives, discuss feedback on your performance and agree on development measures.
From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be rewarded. This comprises a highly competitive remuneration package and exclusive career perspectives with attractive job opportunities within the Bayer Group.
We are committed to jointly developing the various aspects of your employability profile and to proactively identifying and achieving your personal “best-fit” career perspectives after you have successfully completed the 18-month International Procurement Management Trainee Program.
If you are interested in gaining experience in a dynamic, innovative and global company, we are looking forward to receiving your online application in English, including cover letter, CV and references by February 28, 2022. Please be advised that the selection process comprises a telephone interview (in March) and personal interviews taking place in May. The start of the program is scheduled for the third quarter of 2022 (flexible starting dates).
What makes working in Procurement so special?
Insa joined Bayer in 2015 via the trainee program. Read her post on the Bayer Career Blog to discover why she still enjoys working in Procurement, learn about her daily tasks and responsibilities and hear what advice she has to offer.
Michel and Yao started their traineeship during the pandemic in autumn 2020. As newcomers they got to know Bayer in a new setting. In their post on the Bayer Career Blog both share personal experiences of their first exciting months virtually connected in a new world.