- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, we want to create value through innovation, growth and high earning power. In this innovative environment, we build on the skills of people who know where they are heading and on people with a flair for dealing with others.
Bayer Product Supply experts contribute greatly as a driving force for innovative and highly efficient solutions in the field of our pharmaceutical production. This international program aims to provide high potential graduates with a broad overview about the scope of activities and responsibilities at Bayer Pharma Product Supply and to prepare them for a future leadership role. The program will serve as a launch platform into your managerial career at Product Supply. Together with your mentor you will identify and realize your individual “best-fit” career and grow into your first leadership role.
Product Supply at Bayer Pharma
Bayer Pharma Product Supply steers the subgroup’s entire supply chain, from raw material sourcing through manufacturing to distribution, utilizing a global production network consisting of its own sites and those of contract manufacturers. In this way the company aims for continuous improvement of costs, flexibility and supply reliability, as well as maintaining high standards of quality, health, safety and environmental protection on a global basis. Achieving this aim is the task of about 17,000 employees at more than 50 sites all over the world.
The Future Leadership Program in a nutshell
Hans-Walter Hoehl, Head of Strategy and Projects at Bayer Pharma, Product Supply Global Pharmaceutical Production, is the sponsor of the Future Leadership Program. Together with participants he describes the program's general setup and benefits in this video.
What the Future Leadership Program offers you
The 24-month program includes assignments in Germany and abroad. The starting date of the program is flexible. You will be assigned across different manufacturing sites and headquarter functions, including for example:
- Strategy & Projects
- Parenteral products manufacturing
- Solids manufacturing
- Intrauterine device manufacturing
- Contract manufacturing
- Supply chain management
- Quality assurance
Within these functional units you will participate in and/or manage projects.
In addition the Future Leadership Program consists of:
- Local assignments in Leverkusen and Berlin
- An international assignment e.g. in Finland, Brazil, Switzerland or the USA
- Management and leadership training modules, including operational excellence trainings and an interactive business simulation
- Mentoring by an experienced Bayer senior manager
From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be highly rewarded. This comprises: A permanent contract, a highly competitive salary as well as excellent job opportunities after the program.
- University graduate (m/f) in Pharmacy (diploma, master, PhD, pharmaceutical license/optional) or Chemistry/Biology (PhD) with excellent grades
- Experience in either pharmaceutical technology, analytics, compliance, regulatory affairs or manufacturing
- Previous experience abroad is highly desired; experience in the pharmaceutical industry is an advantage
- Strong leadership ambition and willingness to go the extra mile
- Outstanding strategic and analytic thinking as well as excellent organizational skills
- Highly goal-oriented paired with passion to develop and implement innovative ideas
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Fluency in business English, knowledge of the German language is a plus
After the program
After successfully completing the program, there are opportunities to pursue a career in an international, regional or local environment of the Bayer Group in Germany or abroad.
What do participants say? Here they share their personal experience
After finishing her studies in pharmacy at the Universities of Marburg and Dundee Nina joined Bayer for the Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply. In her video interview she describes her motivation and aspirations - and what the program has to offer.
Vincent did his PhD in pharmacy in Ireland and relocated to Berlin, Germany for the Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply. In his video interview he talks about his first impressions of Berlin and Bayer as well as about his expectations what the program will serve him for.
If you are interested in this program, please send us your online application in English with full supporting documents (Cover letter, resume, certificates from your high school and academic qualifications, and relevant references). The application phase will end in September 30, 2017.