- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Procurement Management Trainee Program
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Law and Patents
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
- Meet our Employee
International HR Trainee Program
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of health care and agriculture. As an innovation company, it sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer's products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. Bayer values the passion its employees have for innovations and gives them the strength to make changes. Human Resources is responsible for the recruiting, fostering and developing personnel and therefore makes an important contribution to the performance of the company. Our international trainee program is a promising stepping stone to a career in Bayer’s Human Resources organization.
Wide ranging career prospects
The aim of the 18-month International HR Trainee Program is to give you expertise in the field of HR and prepare you to take on a managerial role geared to securing the high standards of personnel management at Bayer. The program is designed as a springboard for a successful career in Bayer’s HR organization and beyond.
What you offer
You have master's degree with very good results in economics, social science, psychology or law with a specialization in the field of human resources. Ideally, you will have gained have some experience through an internship in HR and have a broad general knowledge of the field.
You will fit in particularly well with Bayer if you share our passion to innovate and want your ideas to bring about change. Team spirit, initiative and good communication skills are important. You also need to be flexible and mobile, with a sense of responsibility and an interest in finding solutions. You should also have spent some time working or studying abroad and have good language skills - especially English and German.
What we offer
As an international science-based company, we are passionate about innovations that improve the way people live in our world. Bayer offers an open and inspiring environment. We will encourage you to question the status quo and think ahead. It takes imagination, ambition and courage to find answers to society's most pressing questions.
As a trainee, you will be given interesting insights into various areas of HR at Bayer's sites in Germany and abroad. You will also have an opportunity to profile yourself with managers in our global HR organization through projects. Here are some of the areas where you might be assigned projects:
- HR Shared Service Center: You will provide support for central HR processes and workflows such as payroll, recruiting and compensation & benefits.
- HR Business Partners: You will advise managers on HR issues and strategic HR initiatives
- International assignments: These are an opportunity to deepen your knowledge of HR and extend your international network
- HR Centers of Expertise: You will design and develop state-of-the-art HR tools to provide optimal support for our business objectives
In addition, you will gain an overview of the various functional areas within HR, along with a good understanding of how different departments work together. That will be of use to you in your future managerial role. You will network extensively and establish a solid basis for effective and long-term relationships within our global HR organization.
Your practical experience will be complemented by selected training courses and workshops. During the program, you will identify individual career prospects with your mentor, receive feedback on your performance and agree on development measures.
At the end of the trainee program, we aim to offer you a temporary contract for an initial position of responsibility in HR management in Germany as a stepping stone to a wide range of other development opportunities at Bayer around the world.
Please note that the application process is closed at the moment. The next application phase will presumably start in 2018. In the meantime you may register your details with us and configure your personal job alert to be notified as soon as we publish a new suitable vacancy. BTW: The easiest way is to configure your job alert in the Bayer Career App!
From “bye bye” to Bayer – perseverance pays off when applying for a job
Alexander Rose made it: his Bayer journey has just begun, as he has secured one of the coveted HR trainee positions at Bayer. Yet he has also learned that applying to your employer of choice doesn’t always succeed at first – he tried twice before to get his foot in the door at Bayer. His contribution to our Career Blog is encouraging and shows how important it is to very closely look at the reasons for a rejection.