During the International Future Leadership Program, you will gain a broad insight into what it means to be a business & people leader. The program is built to give you exciting hands-on experience in development, production, quality and related functions. By rotating to different locations, you will build a global, interdisciplinary network and further develop your intercultural skills.
During the program you will be supported by:
- Individual mentoring by an experienced Bayer manager
- On-site coaching and training at the respective locations
- An active trainee and alumni community
Duration: 24 months; Start: flexible; Contract: permanent
Production site in Germany or the USA
Approx. 3–6-month assignments at various Bayer locations around the world.
Getting to know different departments based on the major/degree, personal skills, and personal career aspirations in the areas of:
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient production
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Solids, semi-solids, liquids and packing operations
- Biotechnology (incl. Cell & Gene Therapies)
and directly contributing to our misson of Health for All, Hunger for None.
Your Personal Learning Focus:
- Building a leadership mindset & experience
- Developing a strategic mindset
- Growing your technical ability to deliver results
- Learning to apply the LIFE cultural values in everything you do
As a Leadership Trainee you will deliver results on focused projects and support the local units. Each assignment consists of a business goal and learning goal. This is designed to grow your ability to deliver a wide range of operational, technical, conceptual and strategic tasks.
Hands-on assignments in functions such as manufacturing, quality control, supply chain, development, external manufacturing, Operational Excellence and digitalization will expose you to the diversity of Product Supply and related functions.
Who you are:
- Strategic thinker, responsible, flexible, open to new opportunities
- Interested in building a career as a leader in organizations in Product Supply
- Willing to build up partnerships, collaborate across cultures and achieve common goals. You are internationally mobile.
- Initial work experience (e.g., via internships in relevant areas)
- International and intercultural experience (e.g., via studies or internships abroad)
- Excellent communication skills (fluency in English, German is advantageous for people based in Germany, additional languages are a plus)
- Master’s degree or equivalent / PhD (optional) with excellent grades in a relevant field e.g., Natural sciences, pharmacy, engineering, biotechnology or similar
Please submit your online application including
- Cover letter
by August 31st 2022 via the Bayer job portal.
You are also welcome to set up an applicant profile and be informed via the job alert as soon as we publish vacancies that match your search criteria.
- HR interview
- Get-to-know with two Bayer managers
- Assessment Center (virtual)
If you successfully pass the Assessment Center:
- Immediate receipt of the contract documents
- Assignment to one of the coaches
- Agreement on home base site within Germany or USA (subject to work permit eligibility)
- Announcement of the first assignment (usually at your home base) + length of stay
- Bayer onboarding week(s) accompanied by active trainees & a personal trainee buddy