- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program for Pharmacists in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Program for Procurement Management
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
International Trainee Program for Engineers
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the fields of health care and agriculture. Our products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At the same time, we want to create value through innovation, growth and improved earning power. In this innovative environment, we build on the skills of people who know where they are heading - and people with a flair for dealing with others.
Sounds like you? Then we look forward to hearing from you. You will find the key information in the program brochure or in the following overview:
For those engineers (Master/PhD), who - right from the beginning – aim to gain insight on the concrete scope of activities and responsibilities of different job profiles at Bayer, we offer you to participate in our international trainee program for engineers.
Joining this program, you will be assigned across different manufacturing sites and business areas, working on both technical and organizational tasks.
Length and content of the trainee program
- The 24-month program provides training at your Bayer home base and abroad
- The program includes training stations in different parts of the organization like Process Engineering, Project Engineering, Plant Engineering or Supply chain
- You will participate in Management training modules
- Every trainee is mentored by experienced senior Bayer engineering managers
What comes after the program?
In order to constantly develop your potential from the first assignment on, trainees have three main platforms to build up on after the program:
- As a process engineer, you will manage the technical process development for new products in our global industrial functions or managing the technical improvement of processes of existing products at our sites,
- As a project engineer at the sites or in our global engineering functions you will manage investment and remediation projects,
- As a plant engineer you will manage the maintenance as well as small investment projects and technical process improvements of production plants.
How to develop and realize engineering careers at Bayer?
Together with your line management and the respective HR business partner, you will identify individual career perspectives, exchange feedback on your performance, and agree on development measures. From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be excellently rewarded. This consists not only of a highly competitive compensation package including variable incentives and benefits, but also of dedicated career perspectives with job opportunities across and beyond engineering areas in the Bayer Group. We are committed to jointly build on the various aspects of your employability profile and proactively identify and realize your individual “ best-fit” career perspective.
Bayer's International Trainee Program for Engineers
Prathna Manoj Sheth is enrolled in the International Trainee Program for Engineers within Bayer CropScience AG. In her blog she shares her experiences from the time as a trainee and describes her personal impressions.
If you are interested in our International Trainee Program for Engineers, then we are looking forward to receiving your application in English via the online application form by April, 9th. Please include your possible entry date and upload the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- School and academic certificates
- Internship certificates
- Periods of work / study abroad
The selection process will start with telephone interviews. The respective assessment center is expected to take place in Leverkusen on July 05, 2017 aiming for a start of the program in summer/fall 2017. The exact starting dates and assignment areas will be defined individually with each candidate.
Information / Contact
You have any questions?
We'll be happy to help!
Just give us a call at
tel.: +49 214 30 99779
or send us a message
via the contact form.