- School leavers
- Entry level
- Graduate Programs
- Future Leadership Program in Product Supply
- Global Trainee Program for Supply Chain Management
- International Trainee Program in Clinical Development
- International Trainee Program for Production Management
- International Program for Procurement Management
- International Trainee Program for Financial Management
- International Trainee Program for Engineers
- International Trainee Program in Human Resources Management
- Trainee Program Marketing & Sales at Bayer Vital
- Trainee Program in Marketing, Sales and Development at Crop Science Germany
- Communications traineeship
- Career entry
- Career entry in Inhouse Consulting
- Career entry in IT
- Graduate Programs
- Functional Areas
- Pharmaceutical production
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Information technology
- IT for Research & Development
- Business Consulting
- Digital Marketing
International Trainee Program for Production Management
Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. As an innovation company, Bayer sets trends in research-intensive areas. Bayer’s products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Wide-ranging career prospects
Experts and managers employed in Product Supply at Bayer make an important contribution to our success by generating innovative and highly efficient solutions for our production. They manage the entire supply chain for the divisions of Bayer, from the procurement of raw materials through production to distribution. They work to continuously improve costs and ensure flexibility, reliable delivery and high standards in the areas of quality, health, safety and environmental protection. As trainee you will gain a broad overview of the tasks and activities of the Product Supply organization at Bayer.
During the 24-month trainee program you will be given an insight into the entire production process at Bayer Animal Health, Consumer Health and associated functions. You will be assigned responsible tasks and will work on projects at our headquarters and various production sites of Animal Health and Consumer Health.
It will prepare you for a career in Product Supply and future leadership and management responsibilities.
- You have a first class Master´s degree in a relevant field (Natural Sciences or Engineering) in good time and practical experience (e.g. from internships) in production or production related areas.
- Previous international experience through studying or internship abroad.
- You will fit in particularly well with Bayer if you share our passion to innovate and want your ideas to bring about change.
- Strong strategic thinking, interpersonal and communication skills are important.
- You also need the ambition for international career development in Operations/ Product Supply and working abroad. Other preferred attributes include leadership aspirations and willingness to go the extra mile.
- For this international program you must be able to speak and write business English fluently.
Length and content of the trainee program
The 24-month program provides a rotation across headquarter functions and manufacturing sites including international site experience:
- Each phase lasts between three and six months, incorporates defined tasks and responsibilities and you will be supported by an experienced Senior Product Supply Manager. During this time, you will identify individual career prospects with your mentor, receive feedback on your performance and agree on development measures.
- You will spend a few months in our headquarter organization and get familiar with Supply Chain Management, Quality Assurance and Supplier Management or Operational Excellence.
- You will be trained at two or more of our manufacturing sites (Supply Centers) in Animal Health and Consumer Health
- At least one of these Supply Center stints will be organized as an international assignment abroad.
- You will also attend several training programs for functional as well as managerial skill development.
You will find the key information for our International Trainee Program for Production Management at Bayer in the program brochure.
What comes after the program?
The program will serve as a launch platform into your managerial career at Product Supply.
Together with your mentor you will identify and realize your individual “best-fit” first career step and take over a responsible role (e.g. Production Manager). You will benefit from the network you already started to build during your two years’ time in this program which will help you to further develop within our global organization. A broad range of training choices will support you to further advance in your career with us.
From the very beginning, excellent contribution will be excellently rewarded. This comprises not only a highly competitive compensation package but also dedicated career perspectives with job opportunities across the Product Supply organization.
International Trainee Program for Production Management – an initial experience report
Being in his first year at Bayer Animal Health Ferdinand Fingerhut reports on the Bayer career blog about the experiences he has made so far and provides an outlook of next steps and foreign assignments in the program. Furthermore, he offers views on what else he is expecting during his trainee program in addition to foreign assignments.
International Trainee for Production Management – the story continues!
In his first blog entry at the beginning of 2016, Ferdinand Fingerhut talked about his career development prior to starting the program, the reasons why he applied, the application process itself and his first days and months at Bayer. Today, a year and a half later, having experienced so much that was new, he continues his story about his career stations so far, including assignments outside Germany.
Please note that the application process is closed at the moment. The date for the next application phase will be published here. In the meantime you may register your details with us and configure your personal job alert to be notified as soon as we publish a new suitable vacancy. BTW: The easiest way is to configure your job alert in the Bayer Career App!
Information / Contact
You have any questions?
We'll be happy to help!
Just give us a call at
tel.: +49 214 30 99779
or send us a message
via the contact form.