At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Software Engineer (m/f/d) in full-time or part-time
In Bayer’s global Product Platform Research we thrive to continuously improve our existing product portfolio and create new products that support our scientists in Pharma on their search for new (digital) therapies. We are seeking excellent Software Engineers (m/f/d) driven by our vision “Health for all, hunger for none”. As Software Engineer you will be working as part of our interdisciplinary DevOps teams sized 4-6 people where you can follow (y)our purpose and grow while working on tough challenges in a global pharma research setting. If you are passionate about creating cutting edge software together with scientists to help cure life-threatening diseases, we would love to hear from you.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You develop and continuously improve and deliver software products (full-stack) that are directly related to our business objectives
- Leveraging cloud infrastructure to provide your product as a reliable, performant and well managed service
- Identifying risks and gaps in technical approaches and developing solutions to meet team and product goals and make your product better
- You take decisions to advance product development or team culture in a timely manner
- You identify the most important problems to solve, minimize scope, and assess the value of solutions
- Keeping yourself informed about new tools, technologies and architecture patterns and looking for opportunities to apply your findings to your tech stack
- Collaboration with our technical leaders and contribution to technical design and architecture choices within the team and across the domain platform
- You actively seek opportunities to make your colleagues and your team better by mentoring
- Participation in code reviews, pair and mob programming sessions and applying these to not only make your product better but also your team more resilient
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent natural science degree e.g., computational biology or chemistry), training or knowledge in Life Science topics is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the areas web application development: Cloud based continuous delivery and environment management, micro-service design and development, large, distributed system development as well as software security
- You are experienced in agile software development and are a team player
- You enjoy acting as a mentor for other colleagues (m/f/d) and supporting your team in their development accordingly
- You are resilient in challenging situations and approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, German is a plus but not mandatory
Work life balance is important to us. The position can also be taken part-time. Name your preference in your job application. We look forward to it!
Be curious. Be Bayer.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : Berlin : Berlin || Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : Leverkusen || Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : Wuppertal-Aprath
Division: Enabling Functions
Reference Code: 555367