At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Software Engineer (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an integral part of the Bayer Crop Protection Innovation Lab team and support farmers worldwide to qualify and quantify weed, disease, and pest problems in their fields
- As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to design scalable and reliable cloud architectures to solve real world problems in farming
- Support the translation of business requirements into technical requirements by capturing, structuring, analyzing and visualizing requirements
- Support further development of our cloud strategy, AI strategy and development strategy
- Design and develop back- and front-end components utilizing established frameworks, database setup/-management (for SQL and NoSQL databases), and AWS cloud-services, using serverless computing
- Establish and continuously improve best software development practices and guidelines
- Support development teams to ensure smooth technical implementations
- Ensure the application of established and state-of-the-art methods and tools, e.g., agile software development (SCRUM), rapid prototyping in the web and backend area, requirements engineering, solution design, etc.
- Collaborate with product engineers and software engineers as well as the infrastructure teams to improve our ongoing DevOps concept
- Participate in all phases of the product development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, deployment and extended hyper care
WHO YOU ARE
- Master of Science or PhD in Computer Science or related fields
- Working experience in software development with enterprise grade quality
- Very good knowledge in object-oriented programming languages such as Python, Java, Go
- Experience in modern software development processes, software architecture, quality assurance, testing, versioning, CI/CD, UML and design patterns
- Proficiency in Git
- Several years of experience in agile development models (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Passion for delivering high quality solutions and learning new technologies
- Deep understanding of cloud architectures and concepts (AWS certification is a plus but not required) as well as of Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience in training and mentoring team members on new concepts and technologies
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Division: Crop Science
Reference Code: 632621