At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a key member of our Data-Driven Farming team you will therefore have the opportunity to design scalable and reliable Cloud architectures to solve real world problems in farming
- You will help to turn our image recognition pipeline into an automated solution
- As a Senior Software Engineer within the Crop Protection Innovation Lab, you will help farmer to qualify and quantify weed, disease and pest problems in their fields
- Lead the improvement of Data-Driven Farming's cloud strategy, AI strategy and development strategy
- Design and develop back- and front-end components utilizing established frameworks, database setup/-management (for SQL and NoSQL databases), and AWS cloud-services
- Scout current technology trends to derive technology adaption plans and efforts and establish and continuously improve best software development practices and guidelines
- Support the translation of business requirements into technical requirements by capturing, structuring, analyzing and visualizing requirements
- Leading and support implementation approaches that ensure a smooth technical realization by applying established as well as state of the art methods and tools, e.g. agile software development (SCRUM), rapid prototyping in web and backend, requirement engineering, solution design, etc.
- Collaborate with product engineers and software engineers as well as the infrastructure teams to improve our ongoing DevOps concept
- Participate in all phases of the product development life cycle including requirements gathering and analysis, design, build, test, deployment and extended hyper care
WHO YOU ARE
- Master of Science or PhD in Computer Science or related fields
- Working experience in software development with enterprise grade quality
- Very good knowledge in Object oriented programming languages such as Java, Phyton, Go
- Experience in modern software development processes, software architecture, quality assurance, testing, and CI/CD
- Several years of experience in agile development models (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Passion for delivering high quality solutions and learning new technologies
- Deep understanding and knowledge of cloud architectures and concepts (AWS certificate is a plus but not required) as well as Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience in training and mentoring team members on new concepts and technologies
- Deep understanding of current technology trends in the cloud and software development
- Very good English skills, both written and spoken
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 351141
Functional Area: Information Technology