Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Scientific Expert Environmental Safety (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independent and self-responsible compilation and initiation of international study programs to assess the safety of drug candidates for the environment including evaluation of residues, consumer safety, and occupational safety taking into account regulatory guidelines and project requirements
- Planning and initiation of external ecotoxicity studies (in vitro / in vivo) of veterinary drugs during development up to approval and during market phase: design of GxP studies, timing and monitoring, CRO selection and contracting, budget allocation and control
- Editing of study protocols, study reports and superordinate regulatory documents; evaluation of the studies, ecotoxicological assessment of the results, creation of graphics and presentations
- Assessment of study information and its relevance to development projects and products on the market taking into account the project objectives, benefit/risk ratio concerning environment and product safety
- Independent assessment and preparation of safety assessments in the context of environmental and occupational safety, e.g. OEL, PDE, G-class and others.
- Representation of the department in international project teams and - where required within the projects – leading of cross-functional global teams working on specific tasks concerning environmental and occupational safety
- Independent and self-responsible representation of the department in decision-making bodies and, respectively, Bayer Animal Health at authorities, in scientific working groups (national, international), international regulatory working groups (e.g. VICH), international industry working groups (e.g. PIE, AIE), at partner companies, and in in-licensing/out-licensing initiatives; global scientific network activities
WHO YOU ARE
- University Degree (veterinary medicine, biology, biochemistry or equivalent) or other scientific degrees
- High level of experience in the field of environmental safety (Senior Scientific Expert), including experiences in concerning residues, occupational safety, and product quality; ideally experiences in working in international scientific and/or regulatory working groups and industry associations
- In-depth knowledge of various computer programs, such as word processing and presentation programs, graphics/statistics, tools for literature searches
- High level of experience in project work in the pharmaceutical industry; ability to effectively work in teams under changing workloads
- Ability to successfully perform different and diverse tasks in a reasonable time and to maintain oversight in this cross-functional complexity to meet priorities
- Experiences in leading cross-functional global teams working on specific tasks
- Ability to constructively question the status quo, to initiate/take on changes, to accompany them and to establish them successfully
- Excellent communication skills in English and German, both written and spoken
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 71006
Functional Area: Biochemical R&D