Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Project Manager for Mathematics in Life Sciences (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate, scope and manage business and innovation projects in complex system modeling for life science applications within the Bayer corporate function Engineering & Technology
- Responsible for the strategic development and application of simulation and modeling methods in life sciences within a challenging, multidisciplinary project landscape
- Propel innovation in the area of complex systems modeling and execute projects in business applications
- Accountable to develop innovation roadmaps to apply advanced statistics, mathematics and computational science to support life science application areas
- Identify and realize value-creating opportunities for modeling and simulation throughout Bayer
- Drive innovation in methodology by own expertise and by experience, and by collaborating with internal and external research departments
- Raise awareness for value creation by novel applied mathematical methods throughout Bayer
- Drive and implement change for improving everyday work
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree or PhD in mathematics, computational or natural sciences or an equivalent qualification
- Several years of experience in application of modeling and simulation methods in an industrial setting
- Experience in modeling of Life Science applications
- Profound knowledge in applied mathematics and experience in computer simulation, statistics, design of experiments, big data, machine learning and/or mathematical optimization.
- Experience in leading and delivering in business and innovation projects
- Strong effective communicator (m/f) with good presentation and analytical skills as well as the ability to build internal and external networks and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and agile environment
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 45880
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional