At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Media & Issues Manager (m/f/d)
The mission statement for the Communications (COM) community at Bayer leads the way: “Our mission is to engage with key stakeholders to foster acceptance and ultimately create value for our business and society.” Or, in brief: “We engage for trust”.
The tasks of our function are as diverse as the stakeholders our company are dealing with. Based on our global functional strategy, we tell the story of Bayer to our internal and external audiences through media relations, internal communications, and social media engagement. We support the top management on group, divisional and country level in all matters relating to communications and we are shaping and managing the Bayer brand. The key objective of COM is building and protecting the reputation of Bayer amongst our company’s stakeholders.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will act as a corporate spokesperson (m/f/d) for Bayer on crop science issues, proactively driving our media engagement with journalists
- Preparing press releases, drafting standby statements as well as questions and answers will be part of your new position
- You will participate in the preparation of presentations and speeches by executives for media interviews related to agriculture, sustainability, and crop science topics
- You will be responsible for advising and revising external communications for agriculture, sustainability, and crop science
- You will act as a spokesperson (m/f/d) in case of crises or issues
WHO YOU ARE
- You have successfully completed your university studies (Master's degree) in the field of media or communications, or a comparable field of study
- You already have several years of experience in media work in industry, associations, politics, or the media
- You successfully apply your acquired skills in media relations, especially in pitching, generating coverage, writing, and translating press releases as well as speeches and other journalistic texts
- You also have relevant knowledge in the areas of technology, digital or sustainability
- You have a strong understanding of the modern media landscape, goals and mechanisms of the media and capital markets
- Your strengths lie in your agility, entrepreneurial spirit, drive for results, and organizational skills
- Your ability to handle complex media matters systematically, professionally, and efficiently will convince us
- Your strong credibility as a press spokesperson (m/f/d) makes you a strong personality
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as German rounds off your profile
Be a part of us. Be Bayer.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 483241
Functional Area: Communications & Public Affairs