At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Life Science Software Engineer (m/f/d)
We in Bayer’s product platform research are seeking excellent full stack developers (m/f/d) driven by our mission “Health for all, hunger for none”. In our DevOps teams you can follow (y)our purpose and grow while working on tough challenges in a global pharma research setting. If you are passionate about creating cutting edge software together with scientists to help cure life-threatening diseases, we would love to hear from you. Your tasks in detail:
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You design, develop, and continuously deliver cutting edge software products in a fast-moving environment of the Pharma business
- You perform hands-on full-stack software development based on cloud infrastructure
- You take decisions to advance product development or team culture in a timely manner
- You help identifying the most important problems to solve, minimize scope and assess the value of solutions
- You apply your expertise in natural sciences in mixed teams consisting of IT and R&D experts (biologists/chemists/pharmacologists)
- You develop and execute on a technical vision for evolvable systems
- You identify risks and gaps in technical approaches and develop solutions to meet team and product goals
- You help growing other engineers by leveraging technical knowledge and leadership skills as well as promote the principles behind DevOps and utilize DevOps practices to build and deploy high-quality software effectively and efficiently
- You help scale DevOps capabilities in the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree in computer science or equivalent natural science degree e.g. computational biology/chemistry
- You have several years of professional experience in and expert-level knowledge of two or more modern programming languages and frameworks
- You have proven and profound experience in principles behind agile, lean and continuous delivery approaches as well as hands-on experience with test-driven development (TDD) and infrastructure automation
- You have a sound knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS or Docker
- You have solid leadership skills and displayed entrepreneurial behavior in your daily work
- You are resilient, able to deal with ambiguous situations and approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, German is a plus
The job profile Senior Life Science Software Engineer (m/f/d) is advertised for Leverkusen, Wuppertal-Aprath und Berlin.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 472541
Functional Area: Information Technology