At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Director Bioprocess Technology (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the technical and disciplinary leadership of ten group members and enable them to perform to their maximum potential as well as support their development of personal and technical skills
- Act as a global competence center for bioprocess technology by directing the group in establishing leading competencies in conceptual design of end-to-end bioprocesses
- Be part of the global AMES Leadership Team and take accountability that Biotech’s manufacturing and equipment platforms meet or exceed design goals and are engineered to run in an efficient and reliable way
- Define development projects to establish innovative equipment platform for Biotech’s development and manufacturing environment
- Ensure that the projects are adequately staffed, efficiently run and deliver promised results
- Establish strategic development partnerships with leading external suppliers and nurture network for implementing advanced development and manufacturing platforms
- Contribute to global alignment of bioprocessing technology with PH PS and align with the different biotech production and R&D sites as well asother expert groups
- Participate and act as a technical project lead in acquisition activities for companies boosting our early stage pipeline projects
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) in an engineering discipline (bio-/chemical engineering, biotechnology etc.) with strong experience in development and implementation of innovative biotech equipment and process solutions
- Long-term working experience in a leading role within pharmaceutical industry as well as a broad knowledge and general overview of different bioprocesses and their unit operations
- Knowledge of GMP requirements for pharmaceutical production processes as well as experience in both technical and project management disciplines in CMC-development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products
- Strong leadership skills and high integrity with a proven track record in leading and developing an expert team with members who have leading positions in projects themselves
- Experience with project management (in both capital and non-capital projects as well as in stage-gate and agile execution mode) and stakeholder engagement combined with an excellent reputation and broad network to academic and industrial partners in bioprocess engineering
- Prior technical and/or managerial experience in Cell and/or Gene Therapy is not required but would be highly valued
- Ability to paint a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Fluent in English, written and spoken; German language skills are strongly preferred
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 421021
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology