Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Senior Data Scientist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working on global projects and tasks across R&D in a leading role within Digital Technologies - Digital Transformation, Strategy & Projects
- Developing and implementing the digital strategy for PH R&D in order to drive digital transformation on a global level by consultancy, know-how transfer, new big data methods and development of new digital business models (from concept to prototype)
- Co-creating a cross-functional digital project portfolio
- Contributing to define and deliver the strategy for data science and machine learning in alignment with the R&D strategy
- Facilitating execution of digital strategies by aligning key activities across the organization with new value propositions and by balancing strategic agility with the long-term perspectives
- Initiating and driving collaborations with academic or commercial partners and regular representation of Bayer in external networks
- Collaborating with other involved functions, especially for driving forward data fluency across R&D by setting up and implementing tailored training programs as well as tools and platforms
WHO YOU ARE
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g. bioinformatics, informatics, physics, chemistry, biology)
- Several years of experience in drug development, life sciences R&D or information technology
- Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional setting, in deploying large-scale data and/or other strategic technology initiatives
- Strategic thinking ability, and tolerance for ambiguity, willingness to adapt as well as to speak-up and challenge
- Strong results-driven working style and strong relationship-building skills
- Very good communications skills, including for example, capability to present even very complex issues clearly and convincingly to partners and stakeholders on all levels
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 43113
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional