At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Scientist - Research Immuno-Oncology (m/f/d)
The Scientist – Research Immuno-Oncology (m/f/d) supports pre-clinical projects with profound in vitro and in vivo Biology knowledge for the development of novel cancer therapeutics in the field of Immuno-Oncology. Responsibilities include contribute to the design and execution of immunological assays and cancer-disease models to explore novel Immuno-Oncological strategies.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for design and conduction of pre-clinical human and mouse immunological and cancer-relevant assays in vitro/ex vivo/in vivo for biological and pharmacological characterization of potential drug candidates
- Establish independently novel human and mouse assay for detailed mode-of-action analyses to delineate the biology of innovative Immuno-Oncology therapeutic approaches
- Coordinate and support multiple projects with pharmacological expertise in the field of Immuno-Oncology
- Follow diligently and continuously scientific developments in the field and propose novel target ideas and approaches for Immuno-Oncology and thereby recommend and strive for innovative solutions to problems with scientific creativity and independence
- Participate in Immuno-Oncology target identification campaigns and set-up of strategies to pre-clinically validate the biology for new drug discovery programs
- Plan and prioritize experiments and evaluate, interpret, present and publish scientific results in department meetings
- Work and collaborate in a team with Biologists (m/f/d), Bioinformaticians (m/f/d) and (Bio)chemists (m/f/d) across Bayer´s pharmaceutical division as well as with external academic partners, with a specific focus on collaboration with Joint Immunotherapy Laboratory at the DKFZ (Heidelberg) and work with genetically-modified, radioactively labelled and infectious material, as well as animal experiments and comply to legal requirements and regulations (as applicable: Gentechnik, Biostoffverordnung, Infektionsschutzgesetz, Tierversuchserlaubnis)
- Support and supervision of technicians (m/f/d), master students (m/f/d) and interns (m/f/d), knowledge transfer and training in the field of Immuno-Oncological background and instruction for new methods and techniques in the field
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD Immunology, Biology or Pharmacology or in related fields, MD-PhD is a plus
- Profound knowledge in Cancer Biology, Immuno-Oncology or Immunology and several years working experience in a PostDoc position in the field of Immunology or Immuno-Oncology
- First experiences in a pharmaceutical company or biotech in the field of Immuno-Oncology as well as working experiences in high profile laboratories and published in high-ranking journals
- Strong expertise in a variety of techniques of cellular and molecular biology, flow cytometry and experience with in vivo models
- Experience in multi-cellular human assay systems and/or practical knowledge in bioinformatics data mining, expertise with immune cell stimulation from primary, human tumors is a plus
- Creative and flexible thinking, with excellent organizational skills and expertise to instruct and train staff including a sense of responsibility and urgency to drive projects to deliver results timely and enable decision-making
- Ability to work in teams as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 780498