At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Scientist Chemical Biology/Molecular Biology/Cell Biology (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Bayer is looking for a highly creative and motivated Chemical Biologist/Molecular Biologist/Cell Biologist (m/f/d) to join Bayer’s Life Science Technology Department (LST) within Drug Discovery Sciences (DDS), Germany. At LST, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists within the R&D organization and contribute to the development and discovery of innovative methods that will facilitate excellence in target discovery and early drug discovery. In detail, you will:
- Generate and characterize disease-relevant cell lines and complex cellular systems
- Collaborate with proteomics and functional genomics experts to develop, optimize and miniaturize chemoproteomics and functional genomics methods (e.g. ABPP, photoaffinity labeling, proximity labeling, pooled CRISPR screening formats) in different cell systems
- Develop and apply new assay formats for phenotypic and target deconvolution approaches as well as analyze data for identification of novel drug candidates
- Support ongoing projects in different stages such as target discovery, target evaluation, lead discovery and lead optimization
- Closely collaborate with data scientists and computational biologists to ensure the quantitative analysis of the data generated in the context of our chemical biology platform
- Be part of an international & interdisciplinary research team, closely interacting with your colleagues from the entire R&D organization of Bayer Pharmaceuticals, as well as several contract research organizations
- Strengthen the visibility of the team’s research and scientific excellence through publishing and actively engaging with the internal and external scientific community
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in chemical biology, molecular biology, cell biology or a related discipline
- Postdoctoral research experience is a plus
- Strong background in molecular biology, cell biology, assay and method development
- Experience in cell line engineering and/or handling of complex cellular system, experience in chemoproteomics and chemical probe design is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven record of independent problem solving and working efficiently in a cross-functional teams reaching joint goals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Willingness to travel across research sites
- Excellent proficiency in English, both spoken and written
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Wuppertal-Aprath or Berlin
Reference Code: 602470