Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Researcher (m/f/d) Explainable AI for Image Analysis (Mach. Learning Res., Berlin)
The Machine Learning Research group within the recently established Digital Technologies department is seeking a passionate and creative scientist (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin and apply Explainable AI to various applications in life sciences. The position focuses on the development of explainable AI approaches in digital pathology and other applications of image analysis.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an active member of a highly interdisciplinary and cross-organizational team
- Contribute to the implementation of a machine learning platform that would help other researchers use explainable AI tools and methods in their daily modeling activities
- Comprehensively validate and further improve explainable AI tools for different image analysis use cases including digital pathology
- Conceive, execute and evaluate studies and experiments, interpret the results and present them in various committees
- Work in collaboration with peers located in the Crop Sciences division working on the visual analytics aspects of explainable AI
- Generate direct impact on our discovery projects to help patients and farmers
- Strengthen external visibility and scientific excellence through publishing and engaging with the scientific community
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD degree (or M.Sc with 4 years of working experience) in computer sciences, computational chemistry, computational biology, physics or related fields and sincere interest for the life sciences
- Profound experience with state-of-the-art machine learning methods and model selection concepts; previous experience with deep learning would be of advantage
- Exposure to model explainability concepts; practical implementations of such concepts in any field would be of advantage
- Experience in modern image analysis e.g., convolutional neural networks
- Excellent programming skills in Python are essential
- Proficiency in writing code and experience using a Linux high performance environment
- Highly creative person with outstanding problem-solving ability and the willingness to undertake challenging analysis tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams
- Willingness to travel occasionally between research sites
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
We are a young and international team of scientists passionate about exploring how machine learning can help in different aspects of a drug discovery and development. We are looking forward to meet like-minded people!
The position is a fixed-term contract for two years, starting Jan 2020.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 59941
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional