At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Research Scientist Quantum Computing (m/f/d)
At Engineering & Technology, the position as a Research Scientist Quantum Computing (m/f/d) offers an excellent opportunity for your professional and personal development at Bayer. The task of the position is to evaluate the potential and limits of quantum computing for Bayer. This will be carried out considering the simulation of small polyatomic molecules. Thereby, the exact solution of the molecular Schrödinger equation has to be determined using quantum computing or hybrid approaches. An important part of the work is to answer the question of scalability to drug-like molecules. Intensive exchange with internal and external experts in the field of molecular simulation and quantum computing is expected. In detail:
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and evaluate methods for molecular simulation to be solved on quantum computers
- Preparation of scaling methods for larger molecules
- Transfer of knowledge and results to the Bayer organization, publication
- Collaborate and interact with an international, interdisciplinary of internal and external experts in the topic of quantum computing in Life-Sciences
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in mathematics, natural science, or computer science with strong background in computational chemistry
- Experience in the field of quantum computing
- Profound knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Qiskit)
- Experience in self-organized research
- Willingness to write industrial-grade code and documentation
- Combining strong theoretical and analytical skills with programming experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) in an interdisciplinary environment
The position is limited for 2 years.
Be passionate. Be Bayer.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 439605
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics