Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Research Scientist/PostDoc Modelling and Simulation (m/f/d)
Bayer is looking for a highly motivated scientist (m/f/d) with expertise in modelling and simulation to join Research Pharmacokinetics (PK) in Berlin, Germany. The successful applicant (m/f/d) will be part of a cross-divisional team within the Bayer R&D organization and will contribute to the analysis of predictive models for PK and bioavailability in different species and the implementation of novel methods to predict oral absorption of new compounds in humans.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect existing PK data from internal and external sources in a machine-readable database
- Predict oral PK profiles based on solubility, in vitro dissolution and other relevant in silico and in vitro data
- Perform in vitro-in vivo correlations (IVIVC) on dissolution data and inform in vitro assay modifications in an iterative fashion in order to simulate and
predict the oral absorption in Phase I dose escalations
- Perform oral bioavailability predictions and benchmark with different models
- Design, compose and deliver presentations and publications
- Collaborate and interact with an international, interdisciplinary and cross-divisional team comprising experts from pharmacokinetics, computational
chemistry and deep learning/AI
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in pharmacy, biology, chemistry, data science, mathematics or a related field with some experience in preclinical/clinical data sets
- Expertise in modelling and simulation, including physiologically-based PK and oral absorption modelling
- Familiarity with and good understanding of pharmacokinetics and biopharmacy as well as strong willingness to further develop expertise in these areas
- Combining strong theoretical and analytical skills with programming experience
- Excellent communication skills in an interdisciplinary environment
- Experience with mechanistic modelling is a plus
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
The position is limited to 2 years and funded through a Bayer Life Science Collaboration grant program which promotes state-of-the-art research within the global Bayer organization with a special focus on cross-divisional exchange.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 66149
Functional Area: R&D other jobs
Entry Level : Graduate