Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Research Scientist Machine Learning / Deep Learning (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an active member (m/f/d) of a highly interdisciplinary and cross-organizational team that includes scientists from various disciplines of the Bayer research community
- Contribute to the implementation of a deep learning platform for the use of data in oncological, cardiovascular and immunological research
- Comprehensively validate and further improve machine learning applications for different predictions of drug properties for drug development
- Research, design and implement machine learning algorithms for analysis problems related to high-throughput image analysis and prediction of properties of molecules
- Conceive, execute and evaluate studies and experiments, interpret the results and present them in various committees
- Generate direct impact on our discovery projects to help patients
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology or chemistry, computer science, physics or related fields and a solid background in biology
- Experience with state-of-the-art machine learning methods and model selection concepts; previous experience with deep learning would be an advantage
- Excellent programming skills in Python (PyTorch or TensorFlow) are essential, additional skills in R or C/C++ would be complementary
- Proficiency in writing code and experience using a Linux high performance environment
- Expertise in handling, processing, integrating and analyzing large data sets related to industrial drug development research
- Highly creative person (m/f/d) with outstanding problem-solving ability and the willingness to undertake challenging analysis tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams
- Willingness to travel between research sites
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
This is a fixed-term contract for three years.
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 46543
Functional Area: Biochemical R&D
Entry Level : Job Starter