Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Research Scientist Bioinformatics for Single Cell Sequencing (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In the framework of a two year collaboration project on single cell RNA-sequencing between Bayer’s Crop Science and Pharma Divisions the Biomedical Data Science Group in Berlin is seeking a passionate and creative PhD-level scientist (bioinformatician, computational biologist, molecular biologist with extensive bioinformatics expertise) and ideally dual expertise in both bioinformatics as well as experimental molecular biology to join our team and help develop the next wave of oncology and gynecological therapies. In this role you will:
- Help generate single cell data from oncology and gynecology model systems using the 10x Genomics Chromium System
- Analyze and interpret single cell data and communicate biological insights to bioinformatics and wet lab research colleagues in Berlin
- Help implement state-of-the-art bioinformatics pipelines to analyze single cell data and exchange bioinformatics solutions with colleagues from the Crop Science Division Germany and USA
- Be part of an international & interdisciplinary research team closely interacting with your colleagues from the entire Pharma R&D organization
- Strengthen the visibility of our research and scientific excellence through publishing and actively engaging with the scientific community
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, biochemistry, molecular biology, molecular medicine, or equivalent research activities
- Profound experience in developing computational biology/bioinformatics methods and proficiency in R or python. Track record of working with and interpreting large and complex biological data
- Hands on experience in molecular biology techniques, ideally with respect to tissue dissociation and single cell sequencing. Experience in in vivo pharmacology would be a plus
- High degree of self-motivation and autonomy
- Track record of publications and presentations showing your result-orientation and passion to innovate
- Excellent team spirit & presentation skills along with the ability to work in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team environment with strong focus and ambition
- English as working language in this highly international environment
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 64848
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional