At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Research Scientist and Engineer - Machine Learning to Model Biomolecules (m/f/d)
The Machine Learning Research group is seeking passionate scientists (m/f/d) and engineers (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin. The successful candidates (m/f/d) will help us develop innovative machine learning solutions to better understand biomolecules (DNA, RNA and proteins) and productionize them into our discovery pipelines for the benefit of patients and farmers.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an active member (m/f/d) of a highly interdisciplinary and cross-organizational team
- Stay current with the fast-paced innovation in machine learning applied to the analysis of biomolecules, with a focus on modelling the “language of life”
- Come up with new ideas, owning and pursuing a research agenda to carry out long-running projects
- Develop collaboratively a high-quality toolkit for data processing and machine learning of biomolecular data
- Conceive and execute experiments, interpret the results and present them in various committees
- Work in close collaboration with our Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Health and Crop Science domain experts towards solving impactful problems
- Help other researchers use machine learning in their daily discovery activities
- Strengthen our external visibility and scientific excellence through publishing, open sourcing code and engaging with the scientific community
WHO YOU ARE
- A highly scientific profile with a PhD degree (preferred) or an MSc with several years of working experience
- Expertise applying and improving upon existing cutting-edge machine learning methods
- Excellent software engineering skills are essential - we are Pythonistas
- A sincere interest for biology and the life sciences
- Knowledge of chemistry or biology would be an advantage
- Highly creative person with outstanding problem-solving ability, and the willingness to undertake challenging tasks autonomously and in a timely fashion
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
This is a fixed-term contract for two years, starting as soon as possible.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 472741
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics