At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Regional Data Science Lead (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary to provide the senior commercial management with measurable insights into commercial strategies and tactics for key products in key markets - these insights will provide a competitive advantage to Bayer by making better business decisions derived through strategic data analysis and command of complex statistical techniques
- Responsible for key aspects along the data modelling cycle: From definition of business questions and hypotheses, to data sourcing and preparation, model development, and insight generation - output of these analyses will be the basis for strategic resource allocation by BU and marketing leadership
- Collaborates closely with other functions (e.g. Commercial Business Insights, Integrated Multi-channel Marketing) to advise, and support business unit leadership in various types of advanced quantitative analyses, including but not limited to: Marketing Mix Analysis, Advanced Segmentation & Targeting, personalized communication, etc.
- Needs to manage onshore and offshore resources, as well as in-house and external consultants
- Develops and evaluates global commercial experiments and pilots (digital, data mining, etc.), including KPIs to determine success
- Demonstrates thought leadership and content expertise in advanced analytics to business partners and major markets, including development of key training programs
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-graduate degree (Master's/Ph.D) in quantitative field (Statistics, Management Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Business Administration etc.)
- Significant progressive advanced analytics work experience, of which several years of recent experience in pharmaceutical industry or health care consulting
- Experience in marketing mix modeling, promotional response and price modeling, sales force sizing and structure, forecasting, optimization, simulation, and/or decision analysis
- Comprehensive understanding of personalizing customer experience through programmatic media, CRM, search, e-commerce and mobile apps a huge plus
- Experience in Machine Learning and AI a huge plus
- Experience in R, Python and visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Experience in handling and analyzing various internal and external commercial data types (e.g., sales data sources like IQVIA, Cegedim, patient longitudinal, claims data, distribution, demand, units, promotion)
- Ability to influence cross-functional and upper management to impact decision-making
- Willingness to "have an opinion" backed up by insight and analytics and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis
- Strategic business acumen, focus on results, passion for keeping up with media and technology trend as well as strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of professional success in analytics role
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 383629
Functional Area: Marketing