At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Product Manager SCM (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will become part of the Supply Chain team within the Bayer’s Product Platform Product Supply that delivers IT products and digital solutions for our Pharma PS organization. As Product Manager (m/f/d) you will take over responsibility for digital products within the areas of Supply Chain Management and External Manufacturing. Your tasks in detail:
- You drive and coordinate all digital product related activities during the whole product lifecycle being the end-to-end responsible key-IT-person (m/f/d) with focus on continuous ownership and prioritization
- You provide expert knowledge for analysis, evaluation, design, and optimization of supply chain processes in areas SC planning, production scheduling, inventory management, warehouse management, and transportation as well as SC diagnostics, decision support and simulations
- You analyze, develop, and adopt cloud based mathematical optimization, simulation modelling, AI, and machine learning solutions
- You participate in pre-studies and strategic initiatives and drive the selection as well as the implementation/development of state-of-the-art IT technologies following the make-or-buy guidelines and cloud principles
- You analyze white-spots, business requirements and use cases in close collaboration with global product and process owners sharing and further developing your supply chain/data science knowledge as a member of the respective Bayer communities
- You ensure the right balance of internal and external activities within the product team and guide/perform the specification of complex work packages to be realized by our strategic partners
WHO YOU ARE
- Master’s degree in computer science, digital science, business engineering, supply chain management, operations research, business administration or other related quantitative discipline, PhD would be preferable
- You have first theoretical and practical experience in deterministic optimization and algorithm development related to operations management, including experience with commercial optimization and simulation software (e.g. CPLEX, Gurobi, AIMMS, LLamasoft, ICRON, Anylogic)
- You have experience in programming, database languages and machine learning (e.g. Python or R)
- You have good domain knowledge of Supply Chain Management ideally combined with experience in designing supply chain processes and implementation of advanced planning systems (e.g. SAP SCM, SAP IBP, OMP)
- You have expertise in building partnerships, working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives, to solve problems and to structure and simplify complex tasks
- You are a result-oriented, motivated, and proactive personality (m/f/d)
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 466723
Functional Area: Information Technology