Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
PostDoc Computational Science Insecticidal Research (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and conduct syntheses in the field of insecticidal chemistry within a project team
- Apply new AI-driven and computational methods within classical organic synthesis workflows
- Communicate and cooperate across diverse functions and research teams, ensuring efficient project teamwork
- Keep up to date with literature in relevant fields on own initiative
- As part of a project team, provide technical expertise and creative thinking to generate solutions to solve synthesis challenges by means of computational
- Plan and carry project goals based on agreed priorities and deadlines
- Manage, consolidate and summarize scientific data generated during the projects to establish solid scientific foundation for new and ongoing projects
- Communicate results to project management in succinct and effective manner and exhibit leadership and ownership of assigned tasks
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in Chemistry with strong background in organic synthetic chemistry and computational chemistry/machine learning
- Excellent understanding of organic reaction mechanisms and advanced synthetic skills including experience with multi-step syntheses,
parallelization and compound purification
- Experiences with computational/AI design of syntheses/retrosynthesis
- Ability to solve complex problems through deductive reasoning and the application of scientific principles as well as capability to design scientific
experiments and interpret the results
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as to work independently and as part of a team
- Organized record keeping and report writing as well as willingness and capacity to learn and acquire relevant new skill sets
- Good interpersonal and communication skills as well as professional fluency in English, both verbal and written
This is a fixed-term PostDoc contract for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 71381
Functional Area: Chemical R&D