At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
PostDoc - Characterization of next-generation CRISPR tools (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engineer and characterize next generation gene editing systems for use in cell and gene therapy and crop science
- Design, implement and perform high-throughput assays for characterization of programmable DNA-modifying enzymes, including cell-biological and biochemical assays
- Evaluate activity of various next generation CRISPR gene editing systems in mammalian cell lines
- Collaborate in a dynamic genome editing team from diverse life science backgrounds, across Bayer’s Pharmaceuticals and Crop Science divisions, and in one of the hottest fields of science
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, or similar, with an excellent track record of productivity
- Previous hands-on experience with genome editing tools, preferably CRISPR nucleases or advanced CRISPR-based applications such as base editing or prime-editing
- Hands-on experience with next-generation-sequencing-based assays and assay-development expertise, especially in regards to DNA-modifying enzymes (nucleases and others)
- Experience with pooled screens in mammalian cell systems (stable cell line generation)
- Experience with high-throughput screening (HTS) of engineered enzyme or antibody variants in cell culture
- Familiarity with standard bioinformatic tools (Python/R/command-line based)
- Track record of working independently as part of a multidisciplinary team, with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, capacity for analytical thinking and creativity, as well as enthusiasm for hands-on bench
- Full proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken, basic German language skills (or willingness to acquire those) are a plus
This is a fixed-term contract for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 448546
Functional Area: Biological R&D