At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
PostDoc as Data Scientist for AI-powered Reaction Optimization and Automation (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist (m/f/d) to solve chemical challenges with the aid of cutting-edge machine learning methods. You will be working within a cross-divisional team of chemists, data scientists and engineers to build an AI-powered platform for reaction optimization. Join us to deliver better solutions for our pharmaceutical and crop science divisions! In detail, you will:
- Evaluate and apply state-of-the-art optimization algorithms in the field of synthetic chemistry
- Demonstrate the utility of data-driven decision making and human-in-the-loop optimization for challenging reactions
- Implement workflows for feature engineering, model training, data analysis, and DoE (Design of Experiments) to enable new approaches in the field of reaction screening
- Further develop the orchestration of laboratory automation to deliver desirable chemical processes
- Collaborate with wet-lab scientists to help them to understand and use your solutions
- Compose publications and deliver presentations to academic and industrial partners
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD in data science, chemical engineering, cheminformatics, physical chemistry, or comparable scientific education
- Profound experience in programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Matlab) and/or database architecture (SQL, NoSQL)
- Deep understanding of machine learning and experimental design/active learning
- Experience in the connection and interfacing of platforms for chemical automation and analysis as well as familiarity with high-throughput experimentation is advantageous
- Good knowledge of computational chemistry toolkits and front-end development elements
- Team player (m/f/d) with an independent working style
- Open-minded personality with excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken; knowledge of German is a plus
This is a fixed-term PostDoc contract for 2 years.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 448547
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics