Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Patent Counsel (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create patent applications in collaboration with the inventors and filing the applications with the patent offices
- Prosecute pending applications, in particular review and response to Office Actions
- Filing of opposition or nullity actions against issued patents of third parties
- Defense of Company's patents against oppositions, appeals or nullity actions of third parties
- Prepare legal opinions evaluating third party patents as potential obstacles for planned products, their manufacture or use
- Support of infringement claims against patent infringers
- Advice on the IP strategy and its implementation
- Contribute draft contracts (confidentiality, cooperation, license agreements), participation in contract negotiations
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree (Master) with a scientific background, ideally with a PhD
- Several years of experience in German and European patent and competition law, preferably documented by successful participation in the EQE pre-exam
- Familiarity with draft and evaluate IP related contracts, especially license agreements
- Ability to assess internal and external IP portfolios mostly independently, develop legal opinions in consultation with the Head of Patents as well as the development of suitable IP strategies
- Ability to timely identify divergent or competing interests within the company and ability to integrate, coordinate, and to bring about coordinated decisions taking into account legal requirements
- Talent to negotiate and coordinate contracts with third parties in an international setting, to convince decision makers and to communicate complex legal and technical facts and interdependencies in a clear and understandable manner to clients
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Further foreign languages are an advantage
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 416822
Functional Area: Law, Patents, Compliance & Insurances