Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Machine Learning Intern (m/f/d)
The Machine Learning Research group within the Digital Technologies department is seeking a passionate and creative computer science student (m/f/d) to join our team in Berlin and support our Digital Pathology use case.
The position will focus on bringing our Explainable AI (XAI) results to the users (our toxicology pathologists).
We are a young and international team of scientists passionate about exploring how machine learning can help in different aspects of drug discovery and development. We are looking forward to meeting like-minded people!
YOUR TASKS AND EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Be an active member of a highly interdisciplinary and cross-organizational team
- Contribute to the implementation of a visualization platform that would help Bayer pathologists use (X)AI tools and methods in their daily activities
- Work in collaboration with the XAI and the Digital Pathology teams located in both the Crop Sciences and Pharma divisions
WHO YOU ARE
- Master student in computer sciences or related field with a sincere interest for the life sciences
- Previous experience with machine learning and deep learning for computer vision would be of advantage
- Excellent programming and software engineering skills are essential, in particular Python and/or Java
- Experience in cloud computing (Google Cloud Platform, AWS) would be an additional asset
- Creative person with problem-solving abilities and the drive to undertake challenging tasks
- Very good written and verbal communication in English
We look forward to your complete online application (cover letter, résumé and study certificates) for a start from September 2021 for a period of 6 months.
Internships at Bayer are designed to help you gain experience, learn new things and decide which direction you want your career to go in. You will perform practical tasks under the guidance of experienced members of staff,helping you to enhance your theoretical knowledge in the process.
Reference Code: 445366
Functional Area: General Administration & Corporate Services