Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lead Knowledge Engineer and Business Analyst "Digital R&D" (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
R&D IT is Bayer’s internal IT organization that collaborates with the research, development, medical affairs and pharmacovigilance functions of our division Pharmaceuticals. R&D-IT is responsible for innovation, conceptualization, building and operation of an integrated environment to drive core company processes.
In this role, you will be the key interface between the research, development, medical and safety communities and the technical community. You will work with business executives as well as with project teams, technical experts and scientists. You will collect, clarify, and translate business strategy and requirements into conceptual design and investment portfolios from which applications and solutions are developed. In this role you are an active thought leader (m/f/d) and partner (m/f/d) and a business and technology visionary (m/f/d) who shapes Bayer's digital strategy and technology roadmap to further drive the digitalization of our business.
Your responsibilities in detail:
- Lead the translation of research, development, medical and safety strategy into a data and information architecture roadmap for the next 3-5 years to automate processes and enable data science and artificial intelligence
- Lead the definition of a global data strategy to ensure that key company data assets are findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable
- Responsibility for the design of information & application architectures and standards, which enable the seamless integration of diverse data sources across the value chain
- Responsibility to define and steer the implementation of the information integration roadmap
- Initiate and lead communities that develop and work according to information integration principles
WHO YOU ARE
- Professional (m/f/d) with advanced university degree in natural sciences or computer science (PhD or MBA preferred)
- A leader (m/f/d) with several years of experience in leading organizations and/or teams
- You have a high level of IT acumen and understanding of complex architectures, landscapes and applications, incl. state-of-the art information integration concepts in the fields of data modeling, master data management, semantic web, streaming and service orchestration
- You have several years of experience and profound knowledge in Life Science business process design associated with information systems like genomics, cheminformatics, clinical data, regulatory affairs, medical and pharmacovigilance data
- Able to identify key data assets and utilize data driven insights to effectively improve business decisions and processes
- You have excellent verbal communication and presentation skills and a high degree of personal initiative to engage collaborators and peers, build relationships well across functions and effectively communicate with executive management and board of directors
- Strong collaborator (m/f/d) and team player (m/f/d), who is dedicated to the success of peers and has demonstrated willingness to train/mentor and delegate workload and responsibilities
- Experienced in international and large project management, incl. knowledge of project management methodologies
- You thrive in a self-driven environment, are capable of proposing own and team objectives to achieve business goals and do not require your activities to be set by others
- In complex situations, you maintain direction and focus through proactive planning and organized approaches to work
- You are business fluent in English, both written and spoken
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 19045
Functional Area: Information Technology
Entry Level : Professional