At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Lead Data Scientist - Supply Chain Planning, Simulation and Predictive Analytics (m/f/d)
This position is for lead data scientist (m/f/d) to work in our global supply chain decision science group with global decision science COE. The successful candidate (m/f/d) will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across supply chain, manufacturing, commercial and different IT functions within Crop Science to deliver data-driven digital solutions for end-to-end connected supply chain orchestration, autonomous and self-healing supply chain planning and operations.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be accountable for the conception, architecture and delivery of leading-edge data-driven solutions in supply chain
- Act as a subject matter expert (m/f/d) and data science ambassador (m/f/d) while fostering internal and external partnerships for collaborative initiatives
- Present complex ideas, data and insights effectively to help business stakeholders in adopting data-driven solutions
- Apply mathematical optimization, simulation, stochastic modeling and machine learning techniques to deliver user-centric analytical solution
- Develop strategy, identifies technical gaps, applies data science acumen to unsolved business goals and delivers practical solutions towards end-to-end connected and autonomous supply chain
- Be responsible for leading initiatives including steering of external partners, internal junior and senior data scientists to deliver business goals
- Contribute to the building the Data Science Community by assisting with recruitment, development and retention of data scientists
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree (Master, PhD) in operations research, industrial engineering, computer science, management science or other related quantitative discipline from a reputed university with several years of working experience in delivering analytics solutions in supply chain and manufacturing area
- Strong business acumen with domain knowledge in supply chain management and experience in supply chain modeling e.g., network design, inventory optimization, operational planning, production scheduling, demand forecasting and process diagnostics using machine learning and operation research methods
- Extensive experience in optimization and simulation model development related to supply chain and manufacturing with commercial optimization solvers (ex. CPLEX, Gurobi), commercial SC optimization software (ex. AIMMS, LLamasoft) and simulation software (e.g., Anylogic, Arena)
- Expert level of proficiency in machine learning and experience in applying in supply chain diagnostics and predictions
- Experience in business process, demand and supply planning algorithm implementation with advanced planning systems e.g. Blue Yonder / JDA, o9, OMP, Kinaxis, SAP APO and SAP IBP is a plus
- Expertise in programming (e.g., Python, Java), relational (e.g., SQL, PostgreSQL), graph database (e.g., Neo4j, Tigergraph) and machine learning with Python, R, Scikit
- Excellent problem-solving, project leadership, interpersonal and communication skills combined with business attitude and the ability to rapidly learn new problems and to work in a matrix environment
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : North Rhine Westfalia : Leverkusen
Division: Enabling Functions
Reference Code: 530843