Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lead Biomarker Data Scientist (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes the quantitative lead for biomarker research and development within one or more clinical development projects in the role of project biomarker data scientist, thus facilitating the overall organization and coordination of all data science activities regarding biomarker research in the projects
- Provides quantitative and methodological consultation and contributes to multidisciplinary and multi-company teams
- Facilitates the overall organization and coordination of quantitative activities regarding biomarker research and development activities for specific studies
- Facilitates and/or conducts advanced data analysis utilizing all types of structured and unstructured data generated within clinical trials
- Furthermore designs highly complex analysis algorithms based on e.g. Machine Learning / AI methodology. This includes the analyses of data obtained directly from sensors/ wearables and other complex high dimensional data sources
- Assumes responsibility for the production and accuracy of the Biomarker Evaluation Report with respect to quantitative deliverables and interpretation of the results and works independently at routine and highly complex quantitative questions and tasks
- Leads the development and evolution of standard processes for routine assessments of wet and digital biomarkers in clinical development as well as project specific standards
- Keeps abreast of regulatory and methodological issues and ensures communication of these in the respective teams. Identifies and implements innovative quantitative methodology for the respective fields of responsibility, if appropriate in cooperation with academic experts.
- Influences decision making processes regarding biomarker research and development
- Oversees and ensures accurate and timely delivery of quantitative work outsourced to external providers
WHO YOU ARE
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics, Physics or related life sciences field
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, as required
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages used for quantitative analysis (including Python and R)
- Excellent knowledge of relevant Python and R packages for analysis of high-dimensional data
- Excellent knowledge of high-performance computing environments and related software
- Fluent English skills
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 68037
Functional Area: Computational Science, Data Science & Statistics
Entry Level : Professional