At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Laboratory Technician (m/f/d) - Chemistry/Biochemistry
At the Bio-Technology area of Engineering & Technology, you have a significant influence on how we at Bayer develop and optimize industrially relevant biotransformation processes for the production of active substances. You will bring your experience and expertise in this area to influence our projects and drive innovation. The position “Laboratory Technician” (m/f/d) offers an excellent opportunity for your professional and personal development at Bayer. We look forward to welcoming you to our dedicated and highly motivated team.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performance of chemo-enzymatic reactions in different scales (1 mL to 1 L) as well as their work-up using classical chemical methods (e.g. centrifugation, filtration, extraction) according to general laboratory guidelines
- You prepare analytical samples to monitor the course of the reaction
- Preparation of microbial cultures (1 mL to 1 L) for the expression of recombinant proteins/enzymes
- Your tasks include writing experiment reports as well as the interpretation of the experimental results
- You are responsible for general laboratory activities and contribute to the laboratory organization (tidiness, cleanliness, ordering, stocking)
WHO YOU ARE
- Apprenticeship as a chemical laboratory technician with several years of professional experience (bachelor’s degree in e.g. Chemistry or Biochemistry is an advantage)
- You have excellent knowledge and practical experience in the classical methods of organic chemistry (setting up and carrying out reactions on different scales, filtration, extraction, crystallization and thin-layer chromatography)
- Initial experience in the field of bio-catalysis is an advantage
- You can handle standard IT tools (e.g., MS Excel, MS Word)
- A high degree of quality and laboratory safety as well as good self-organization
- You have a strong team spirit and enjoy working in a dynamic, creative environment
- Very good German and good English skills
This is a fixed-term contract for 1 year.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 520403
Functional Area: Biochemical R&D