Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Intern (m/f/d) in the field of biotechnology with focus on enzyme screening
YOUR TASKS AND EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Support in (partial) automation for biochemical investigations
- Participation in the execution of own enzymatic studies in microplate format within the scope of various pharmaceutical and plant science research projects
- Help in handling a pipetting robot, as well as enzyme screening in the high-throughput process
- Independent documentation and interpretation of the data obtained
- Work in a multidisciplinary team
- First insights into the processes of industrial biotechnology
WHO YOU ARE
- Completed bachelor's degree in molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, life science or related field of study
- First laboratory experience in the field of biocatalysis, microbiology, molecular biology and protein biochemistry is required
- Experience in the automation of biochemical laboratory work in microtiter plate format, as well as with Python or similar object-oriented programming language is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- High willingness to learn and enjoy working in a team
- Good written and spoken English, as well as knowledge of German is an advantage
We look forward to your complete online application (cover letter, résumé, certificate of study and certificates) for a start from April 15, 2021 for a period of 4 to 6 months.
Internships at Bayer are designed to help you gain experience, learn new things and decide which direction you want your career to go in. You will perform practical tasks under the guidance of experienced members of staff,helping you to enhance your theoretical knowledge in the process.
Reference Code: 334002
Functional Area: Engineering & Technology