At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Intern Chemical Development (m/f/d)
Are you enrolled in a master program in the field of chemistry or have you already successfully completed your master's degree and you are about to start your PhD in the near future? Then we offer you the unique opportunity to gain insight into the Research & Development department as part of an internship at Bayer. The Chemical Development of the Pharmaceuticals Division has the task to develop robust and efficient active ingredient syntheses in order to provide the required amounts of active ingredient for preclinical and clinical studies. The "Reaction Optimization & High-Pressure Chemistry" laboratory develops and optimizes innovative chemical processes with regard to quality, yield, cost and safety aspects.
YOUR TASKS AND EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Insights into industrial research, development and production of pharmaceuticals
- Contribute to ongoing (sub-)projects for reaction optimization
- Gain experience in the preparation of experimental plans and reports
- Development of a proposal for the interpretation of the collected data
- Insights into various areas of chemistry, including electrochemistry, photochemistry, homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis
- Cross-divisional collaboration with project laboratories (Pharma/CropScience) and analytical laboratories, among others
WHO YOU ARE
- Enrollment in a master's program or completed master's degree with planned doctoral studies in chemistry or comparable field
- Laboratory experience in organic synthesis
- Knowledge of process engineering is an advantage
- Experience in MS Office programs
- Self-initiative and an independent, goal-oriented work spirit
- High degree of reliability and integrity
- High willingness to learn and enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team
- Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
We offer you a voluntary internship starting 01.04.2023 for the duration of 6 months.
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Wuppertal, Germany
Reference Code: 574121