At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Head of Divestiture and Outlicensing (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The purpose of the Head of Divestment and Outlicensing is to develop a Bayer Pharma divestiture and outlicensing strategy to proactively
- manage Bayer Pharma in market and R&D portfolio in line with Pharma True North strategy and objectives to free up funds to reinvest into future innovation, generate value by finding better owner for non-strategic assets and by freeing up R&D funding to reinvest into strategic pipeline assets
- Head of Divestitures and Outlicensing will work closely with the key members of the Executive Committee including the Head of R&D, the Head of Finance, the Commercial Heads of the Regions, the Head of BD&L and Strategy to develop a Bayer Pharma divestiture and outlicensing strategy
- Position holder is accountable to lead a team that will translate such strategies into tactical implementation including post-transactional integration in a highly dynamic internal and external environment
- Align the Bayer Pharma Divestiture and Outlicensing strategy and execution with key senior members of the other Bayer divisions and will work very closely with key Corporate functions including BAG-MAL, finance, tax and accounting and IP to successfully implement the strategy
- Position holder is a strategic thought partner for all divestment and outlicensing topics and acts as the senior liaison between Bayer divisions on matters relating to Bayer Pharma divestitures and outlicensing and needs to work autonomously as well as needs to be able to work successfully in a highly ambiguous and fast changing environment
- Head of Divestitures and Outlicensing is responsible for driving a proactive portfolio review process in close alignment with key senior members of R&D, portfolio management and the Commercial Heads of the Regions to proactively screen for, assess and bring to decision potential divestiture and out-licensing candidate
WHO YOU ARE
- Master's degree in business or science or related discipline required; a PhD in science is of advantage
- Professional experience with strategy development and project management essential
- Long-term experience in transaction (divestitures, M&A, outlicensing) and overall, in the pharmaceutical industry
- Prior in-depth experience and successful track record in working in divestitures
- Experience in creating strong relationships across multiple functions and businesses required as well as experience in negotiations
- Profound experience in directing and/or managing global virtual cross-functional teams is required
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity within matrix organization is required
- Strong ability to develop relationships and inspire confidence and trust with internal and external partners at all levels is critical
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
This is your opportunity to tackle the world’s biggest challenges with us: Maintaining our health, feeding growing populations and slowing the rate of climate change. You have a voice, ideas and perspectives and we want to hear them. Because our success begins with you. Be part of something big. Be Bayer.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Location: Germany : Berlin : Berlin
Reference Code: 549201