Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Group Head Parenteral Drug Delivery (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and develop a team of lab heads for Pharmaceutical Development on Parenteral Drug Delivery and Process Technology for development and life cycle management projects across all therapeutic areas within Bayer Pharma
- Assess feasibility of drug product formulation approaches to overcome technically challenging compound properties
- Develop and pharmaceutically assess high-quality, value-adding drug products for novel active ingredients (APIs) and line extensions as well as new drug delivery systems of late phase development and marketed drug substances in line with medical needs and marketing requirements (i.e. target product profile)
- Develop and pharmaceutically assess safe, robust and economic processes for parenterally administered drug products (novel APIs and line extensions), including activities related to process development utilizing Design of Experiments (DoE) studies to establish process understanding, scale-up, validation and transfer to commercial scale
- Generate and take responsibility for state of the art regulatory documentation with respect to all drug product development reports and global registration modules
- Define parenteral formulation development and technology strategies and drive implementation
- Continuously screen external landscape (academia and drug delivery companies) for emerging trends in parenteral delivery and secure access to technologies that can deliver additional value
- Align and integrate development strategies within R&D and Product Supply
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-graduate degree (PhD) as Pharmacist (m/f) with several years of professional experience in parenteral formulation development
- Proven track record of successful parenteral formulation development in a leadership role
- Professional experience in development, manufacturing, characterization and assessment of parenteral formulations (sterile liquids; aseptic processing; lyophilisation – for small molecules and/or peptides and/or biological molecules); experience with respiratory drug delivery of advantage
- Strong leadership skills, high social competence as well as ability to build and develop teams
- Drug hunting spirit and willingness to undertake challenging scientific tasks
- Ability to effectively challenge the status quo and underlying assumptions to uncover fresh innovations, with ability to drive ideas into results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and German
Sie suchen eine Herausforderung, in der Sie Ihre Leidenschaft für Innovationen einbringen können? Sie möchten Teil eines globalen Teams werden und gemeinsam mit uns das Leben auf der Welt verbessern? Dann bewerben Sie sich online mit Ihren vollständigen Bewerbungsunterlagen (Anschreiben, Lebenslauf, Zeugnisse).
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 29101
Functional Area: Chemical R&D
Entry Level : Professional