Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Expert environmental protection and technology law as practitioner plant and process safety (m/f/d)
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordination of legal approval requirements and aspects of process safety for Bayer AG projects in production plants or biotechnological processes/development activities with chemical focus
- Identification, analysis and evaluation of potential risks and their impact on people, the environment and costs in process and plant safety
- Guidance on the identification of operational and implementable countermeasures
- Development, implementation and improvement of concepts for process and plant safety in close cooperation with Engineering and Bayer AG Enabling Functions
- Responsibility for ensuring that measures are sufficiently effective and reliable to reduce potential risks to an acceptable level
- Supervision of implementation of the agreed measures and of compliance with internal rules and external regulations of legislation on plant and process safety
- Participation in process engineering issues/projects relating to plant and process safety and environmental protection, as well as implementation of requirements of the technical rules and regulations in operational practice and in environmental/occupational safety issues or in audits
- Participation in training courses on process and plant safety
WHO YOU ARE
- University degree with chemical orientation
- Multiple years of practical work experience in the field of process and plant safety, preferably as a member (m/f/d) of the plant management team
- Sound operational knowledge of processes, plants and workflows
- Very good knowledge of the methods for hazard analysis of processes and plants (e.g. PAAG processes) through training as a PPS practitioner (m/f/d)
- Very good knowledge of national laws/regulations/regulations on environmental protection and technical law
- High level of commitment and willingness to take initiative for continuous improvement
- Willingness to question circumstances and drive change forward
- Very good knowledge of English and good knowledge of German, both written and spoken
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 126743
Functional Area: Sustainability, Health, Safety, Environment